Leave Me Alone

Unfortunately I forgot to close the curtains before I went to sleep, the sun shining from the window woke me up. My eyes hurt like hell, I probably have puffy red eyes from crying last night and the bright sunshine doesn't help at all.

I get up from bed walking like a zombie towards my bathroom, I look in the mirror and my eyes don't really look that bad actually. I look fine but I feel so gloomy. I feel like there isn't a point to get ready, to go to school. But in the back of my mind I know that isn't true, I don't want to miss anything important in class today so I have to go to school. 

When Charlie asked about my parents, it made me remember my childhood, the tragic series of unfortuante events that happened. Remembering that made me feel this way, made me feel so depressed. Thanks a lot Charlie. 

When I was finised getting ready, with the usual clothes, my leather jacket, a random t-shirt, jeans and my boots, I drove my car to school, knowing that I'd need it after school.

Once I got to school, I got out of my car and walked towards my locker. My boots making that soft tap on the floor that calms me down. Of course the loud and chattering people around me drowned the sound out.

Out of nowhere, someone grabs me from behind and puts a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't scream and pulls me into an empty classroom. My reflex kicks in, I take the hand off of my mouth and twisted it behind the persons back and knocked him down to the floor, and then I sat on him. 

Then I realized it was just the annoying prick. "What did I tell you! I specifically told you not to ever touch me again! What do you do the next day? You drag me into an empty classroom! Guess now I'll just have to break your finger!". I lifted the hand from his back and mumbled, "Hmm, which finger should I break?", I mean I wasn't actually going to break his finger, I was just joking. "NO! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't touch you again! Leave my finger alone! And get off me Kris!"

I burst out laughing. "I was joking!" I stood up, still laughing. He groaned pushing himself up from the floor, "Why the FUCK are you so damn strong!" he said while flexing his back and stretching his arms. Damn he's hot.

"Well I'm not your average teenage girl am I?" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

He walked to a chair and sat down, "No you most certainly are not!" 

I lean on a desk and say, "So then asshole, why did you drag me into this empty classroom?"

"Look, I just wanted to see if you were ok, I'm sorry for anything that I did that might've made you upset last night." He pisses me off so much.

"Anything you did?! You-no, I'm not even going to talk about this. Just leave me alone goddam it!" I said as I rushed out of the classroom. 

Charlie's POV

What was I thinking?! I don't even know what the hell got into me that night! She's just so mysterious and secretive, it gets me so frustrated! I can't do that anymore, I need to just be patient and wait until she wants to tell me what happened that made her react like that last night.

***

It's lunch time and I'm sitting at the table where all my friends usually sit at. This table consisting of Nick, Ben, Jessica, Amy, Jacob, and Lucas. Nick looked at me and I could tell he was about to say something to me, "Hey Charlie, we were thinking about having a guy's night, and guess where we're going..." Nick has always been the life of the party, but only our group of friends know he's one of those guys that'll start sobbing when he watches a sad movie, he actually has quite the soft side. 

I laughed at his need to always have a good time, "Where are we going Nick?" I said with a smile on my face.

"Well all the guys, keep in mind that I didn't say girls, are going to..... a strip club!". Wow, I thought we were just going to a party, but then I noticed something, "Wait, don't we have to be like 18 to go to a strip club? How are we gonna get in?" 

"Ya I thought about that, so I asked a buddy of mine if he could get us ID's" he searched his pocket and took out a couple of ID's, "Here, find yours, I personally think they look legit" he handed the ID's over to me, I found everyone's ID and then I saw mine, he was right, they did look pretty legit. 

"What if they suspect us? What if they can tell we're not," I looked at my fake ID checking my 'age', "23". 

He shrugged and said, "Oh, calm down. We're gonna go to a pretty shitty strip club and they won't give a shit. And if they don't let us in then we'll just go to my house." 

I shrugged and muttered an "Ok"

I guess I'm going to a stip club tonight then. I looked away from everyone else and my eyes automatically searched the place for Kristen. There she was, sitting at a table by herself reading a book and sipping her soda through a straw with her feet up on the chair next to her. She looked so focused in her book. I squinted my eyes and saw the title, 'Book Theif'. Hm, wonder what that book's about. 

A tall and buff jock walking towards her caught my eye. Oh god I hate that guy, he always picks fights with random people, he has this constant need to be angry at everyone, except of course his friends who are just the same as him. He sat down in the seat on her right, facing her side. I was close enough to hear what he was saying...

"Hey you wanna go out sometime?" the jock said. This caught me off gaurd, he was so subtle about it. I clenched my jaw and was about to get up to just punch him in the face for even attempting to ask her out. 

But the next thing that happened totally diminished the thought from my mind. She didn't even care that a majority of the cafeteria was looking at them, waiting for what was going to happen next. She was just so interested in her book. She moved her head slightly towards him but her eyes were still on the book, trying not to miss one word. She dissmissed his question by flicking her hand at him. She didn't give a shit about him! 

I started laughing at how hilarious this was. But I stopped abrubtly when he grabbed her wrist and hissed, "Don't ever fucking do that again bitch". I sat up from my slouching position in my chair and I swear I was about to murder him right here in this cafeteria. But yet again, I stopped abrubtly in shock and disbelief. 

She didn't even flinch at his sudden movement. With her hand still being gripped by his hand, she stopped reading, flung her head back and groaned in annoyance. She set her book back on the table after looking at the page number. She swiped her hand back from his grip and stood up. She slapped him on the face, grabbed her bag and her book and walked out the cafeteria door.

The jock sat there with his head still slanted to the left from her slap in absolute shock, along with everyone else in the cafeteria, including myself.