Why the Hell is He Here?

Kristen's POV

Clownfish. An orange fish with white stripes swimming through the nubby colorful ends of his home, a sea anemone placed upon a rock covered in tropical green algae. The nubby ends of the anemone flailing about in the water, like chidrens arms in fists reaching out to their parents to get their attention in which they crave every second of every da- RIIIIIIIING! I let out a frustrated sigh, that damn bell always does this. Whenever I'm deep in thought or I have this great idea for a story, that stupid bell ruins it.

"Okay school's over, don't forget to read the last chapter of Book Theif for homework!" exclaimed Mr. Hendricks. He started to stack all the papers on his desk in a nice pile while sighing sadly and said, "Man, that ending still makes me cry my eyes out", he looked up to make sure no one heard what he said, not wanting to make anyone hesitate to read it because of a sad ending. I on the other hand am very excited to read the ending, because if it actually makes you cry, then that means that it's well- written and the words just pull you in and they make you feel what the characters are feeling, and boy do I love it when that happens.

Mr. Hendricks has always been my favorite teacher since the first day of school. He's very laid back, but not laid back to the point where his students can slack off. He always gives me other books to read because he notices my passion for reading. I finished the book he gave me last monday so he'll probably give me another book today.

Before I walked out of class, I stood in front of his desk, waiting patiently for Mr. Hendricks to finish answering one of my classmates' questions. Once he finished and my classmate exited the room, Mr. Hendricks and I were left to the quiet stillness of the classroom. He turned to me and he realized that he needed to give me the new book.

He opended one of the many drawers under his table and took out a crippled book. "This, is Fight Club by Chuck Paluhniuk, it's one of my favorite books in the world. It's a great story, I hope you'll love it just as much as I do", he said with large grin on his face. I smiled back and said a quick thanks before walking out the classroom and heading to my locker.

Charlie's POV

She didn't look like she was in any kind of rush while walking to what I assume is her locker, she placed the books she doesn't need in her locker, and placed the ones she does need in her backpack. I couldn't help but think of how beautiful she is.

She has thick black hair with a few blonde highlights, she's wearing a black leather jacket that hugged her body, and what looked like a band t-shirt underneath. She wore light brown skinny jeans and studded combat boots. She had porcelain skin that made her shine with beauty. I've yet to see her eyes but I already know that they're beautiful.

With her backpack on one shoulder, she walked away. I had been very curious about her ever since I saw her at a table, sitting by herself at lunch on the first day of school. I know what you're thinking, he's the most popular guy in school, shouldn't he have at least found out her name by now, I mean it is like 5 weeks into the school year? I don't know why I can't just go up to her and ask her what her name is. Not to be cocky or anything, but I have great social skills! This should be a piece of cake! But nooo, I get nervous even when I take one step towards her! I REALLY need to get my shit together.

You know what? I'm going to talk to her, I will not stall and make up an excuse, I am going to talk to her today, right now, right... this...second.... ok how about when she walks outside? I need to be able to breathe if I really am going to talk to her.

Before she could leave my sight, I quickly followed behind her, ignoring my friends asking me where I'm going. The way she walked...she looked very confident and defiant. No one ever talks to her. They're either afraid or they just think she doesn't want to be spoken to.

There's rumors that she goes to a party every night and gets drunk and high then she has sex with a random guy. But I don't believe any of that, why?

First, if she got drunk and high then you'd think she'd have a major hangover everyday at school and droopy eyes, but she looks perfectly fine.

Second, if she did have sex with a random guy either every night or every other night then she'd have like STD's or she'd act like a slut, but she doesn't look like she's in pain from STD's and she's not trying to get with every guy in school.

Third, if you put sex and drugs together then you would think that someone who does all that almost every night, wouldn't give a shit about school, or even want to go to school. But she just grabbed books from her locker which kinda tells you that she has homework tonight and she's planning on doing it.

In conclusion!.... Not a single one of these rumors about her seem at all true.

I stopped walking when I realize that she's not stopping at any car, she's almost at the end of the parking lot. So either she parked at the very end of the parking lot, or she didn't take a car to school. I got my answer when she passed the very last car and just kept on walking. I decided I would follow her home. Yes that is a little creeper/stalker-ish but I'm not going to wait another day.

Luckily she didn't live very far, but when I turned the corner to keep following, where she lived came into view. It was an apartment building, and a fancy one at that! It was just like one of those buildings in movies where there's 2 potted plants on either side of the entrance. The entrance being glass doors with golden handles, and an old doorman standing next to the doors waiting patiently for someone to arrive so he could politely open the door for them.

Kristen's POV

"Hi Desmond" I smiled. "Good afternoon Miss Belles!" he replied in his normal cheerful mood. You gotta love Desmond!

I smiled and walked into the lobby and headed towards the elevator. Once I entered, I said "21" and the man pressed 21 and the elevator doors closed. I waited patiently as the elevator went up to the 21st floor, but I started to get a little aggravated by the stupid elevator music like I always do.

Once we reached the 21st floor, I walked out and made my way down the hallway, getting my keys from my backpack while walking. I felt the key ring and pulled out my keys from my backpack, unlocked the door and walked into my apartment.

I don't want to brag and all but my apartment is awesome! It's very black and white, with boxy couches and boxy stairs. When you walk in, on your left is a small but spacious kitchen, and on the other side of the counter is where you sit and eat. On the right is a closet to put shoes and coats in, I know, fancy. Straight ahead is the living room, it has white boxy couches with black pillows, and a lamp that reaches out over the couch and lights up the living room at the center. Behind the counter are some white stairs that lead to upstairs, upstairs has 2 bedrooms with a bathroom in each one, and an extra room. Under the stairs is another bathoom which is for guests. 

My stomach grumbled and I just realized that I hadn't eaten anything today othe than a cookie from my junk food cabinet. I put my stuff down on the floor, not bothering to hang it up, and fast-walked to my junk food cabinet. I grabbed the big nutella jar, a butterknife from the drawer, and the bread from on top of the fridge. Quickly I made a nutella sandwich.

As I was just about to take a bite out of my sandwich, there was a knock on the door. I groaned and reluctantly set my sandwich down on the table and walked to the door. I opened the door and leaned against it with my hand on my hip and my other hand gripping the doorknob ready to slam the door in this persons face.

This person was a guy, with shaggy dark chocolate hair and brown puppy dog eyes. He wore a collared light blue shirt that showed off his muscles, black jeans and "white" converse that now had a bunch of dirt that made it look beige.

Wait, isn't this that popular guy that goes to my school? Why the hell is he at my doorstep? Did he follow me here?!

Being my speculative-self, I poked my head out of the doorway and looked to the left, then the right, then left again. I realized no one was with him and no one put him up to this because there wasn't anyone there to watch what I would end up doing or saying. I returned to my position leaning against the side of the door.

He just stood there with wide eyes and didn't move a muscle. What's with this guy? Getting impatient and wanting to know why the hell he was here, I blurted, "Are you going to just stand there or are you going to speak up and tell me why you followed me from school?"

"H-how the hell did you-"

I cut him off, "oh so you did follow me to my apartment...."

He pointed his finger at me with a smile on his face, "You tricked me!". He probably thought I was trying to be friendly and joked around but I had on a face that told him I was completely serious.

"Well...why did you follow me?" I said as I walked closer to him and crossed my arms.

"Um - well - I -" he took a deep breath, "I see you at school all the time and..... I don't know, I just want to get to know you, so do you want to hang out tomorrow after school or something?" He looked kinda nervous, I was surprised he got through that sentence without stuttering. He just looked at me, waiting for me to reply.

Ugh I don't want to hang out with him, I mean he looks nice and everything but I don't want to let anyone into my life. I've been fine being alone for half my life, I mean I live in an apartment by myself! If I hang out with him tomorrow, I just know he'll ask questions about how I have an apartment all to myself and why I don't want to talk to anyone at school. I don't feel ready to tell anyone about my past, I can't even think about it without getting a little depressed.

So as nicely as I could possibly put it, I said, "No", stood straight up, and closed the door without looking back. I can just imagine his face right now, I satrted laughing because I realized I just rejected one of the most popular guys in school. Now I can finally eat my nutella sandwich.