Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

 The days that passed were very uneventful. Damian didn’t tease me the rest of the week. It seemed to me like he was trying to avoid me. That didn’t stop the rest of the kids from teasing me. Sometimes I wondered if they just teased me for their own amusement. Or maybe they didn’t like me at all and their purpose was to hurt my feelings. Was it my fault they teased me? Should I change the way I am; my appearance or maybe my personality? No.  I shouldn’t need to change. Or should i? I hated thinking this way. It wasn’t healthy.

 Victor has been missing school lately. I heard Ruby say that it has to do with some family problems. I didn’t have the courage to ask what kind of family problems. That didn’t stop some of his friends from asking. This seemed to upset Ruby.  She glared and said something along the lines of: “Mind your own business. Just know he doesn’t have the temper to deal with you guys.” I don’t know what relationship she has with Victor but she seems to care a lot about him.

I think that if I were someone else, lived another life, Ruby would be one of my great friends, just like Cleo. She is very kind and caring with her close friends. I don’t know how her life outside of school is but in school, besides hanging out with the bad kids, she’s very sweet. She doesn’t ignore my presence nor tease me like the rest; instead she gives me my space and includes me in conversations. She doesn’t talk directly to me but by the way she makes sure to keep eye contact I know she is including me. I appreciate that, a lot.

I shook my head lightly, pulling myself out of my thoughts. I am currently waiting outside my church in the parking lot, waiting for my family. Tyler and James are most likely flirting with the girls while my parents are probably trying to get them outside. Service only ended fifteen minutes ago so I’m sure I’ll have to wait at least ten more minutes. With that thought in mind I opened the driver side door and slipped in. Mom owns a 2009 Nissan Altima. I can say I’m in love with this car. It’s a push start car which drives me crazy. I don’t know how my mother has managed to keep the tiny remote safe though. She usually tends to lose items like keys.

I relaxed into the seat, turning the radio on but lowering the volume till it was just background music. My mom had the radio on some Latin station and me being too lazy decided to leave it there. I was singing to the Spanish lyrics when a tap on the passenger window distracted me. My cousin Isabella had her face pressed against the window which made her look very unattractive. I scrunched my nose up as I lowered the window.

“Do not do that.” I said almost pleadingly.

 “Why not? Am I not gorgeous?” She rolled her eyes as she spoke sarcastically. I swear she has to stop hanging out with James. She’s become more annoying and weird.

“Of course you’re gorgeous.” I stated.

“Why are you in a bad mood? The girls were wondering where you disappeared to.” I wasn’t in a bad mood. At least I didn’t think so. I highly doubted the girls were wondering about me. They are friendly but I can tell they would much rather socialize with someone else; someone else as in my cousin. She’s beautiful; huge brown eyes, nice soft tan skin, and great curves. She seems perfect compared to me.

“I’m not in a bad mood. Sorry, I’m just not a morning person.” I chose to ignore the second comment.  She eyed me suspiciously as she opened the door and made herself comfortable on the seat.

“Oh I love this song!” She squealed, “Well you seem mad to me.” She stated as if she had not just practically screamed in my ear. I gave her a disbelieving look and shook my head. I didn’t reply to her but I don’t think she really cared. She began to sing to herself and soon I joined.