Chapter One

Chapter One:

I hung my head low as I walked down the hallway to my locker. My brothers usually walk me to my classes, but today they had some meeting to attend to. My oldest brother Tyler is the school’s president. He’s always been in the popular crowd and this year him been a senior is no different. James my other big brother who is a junior is in the football team and is captain of the travel club. They are both good people, never getting into trouble though they are players. Girls used to talk to me before, thinking that if they became my friend they could get to my brothers. That wasn’t how things worked though. They soon figured it out and abandoned me. Me been the little sister, I was left alone in the beginning. Now I’m teased. Why? I’m not sure. I’ve heard that it’s because I’m different. Different how though? They are never specific.

I continued on my way to my locker, my hair falling onto my face like a velvet curtain. I was in campus earlier than usual since I came with my brothers early so they could attend their meeting. Mother offered to drive me to school later but I declined knowing she needs her sleep, since she works late. Father had already left to work so there was no way he could take me. I could drive myself but I didn’t have a license yet since I am still underage. I am fifteen to be exact, a sophomore in high school. The hallways were mostly deserted except for the main hall where some students were waiting for their friends to arrive.

My high school is very small with only three hundred students. What I like about this school is that although there is bullying, everyone knows each other since birth so no one is a fake. When I say fake, I mean those mean cheerleaders that wear so much make up they look like clowns.  Or those sluty girls that have had many surgeries. Nope, there is none of that in my school. Most girls are themselves here and don’t cause so much drama.

There are basically five categories in my school. There are the popular kids whom consist of cheerleaders, jocks, and straight A students with good looks. Then there are the bad kids, they are mostly the kids who are always getting into trouble or getting caught with alcohol and drugs in campus. They are also the ones most likely to start a fight. We also have the gothic and emo kids. They mostly keep to themselves and stay out of trouble. Also the nerds, these are sometimes picked on, though since some know members from the populars they are left alone. Lastly the rejects; apparently they are just different or don’t fit in anywhere.

Both my brothers are in the first category while I’m in the last. I don’t really mind it at all. I’ve never been much of a social butterfly anyways. I guess it would feel nice to have some friends. Though, I do have one friend. Just one. That one friend of mine and my two brothers are all I need though. At least I do have someone who will be there for me.

I finally reached my locker and shoved all my books in except for my English text book. I then made my way to my class which wasn’t that far away. Along the way I was teased. I ignored them though.  It did no good to think about the things they said. Most of them weren’t offensive, just annoying. For example: