Chapter 3

"We lost the file it was gone as we made the journey, there were men waiting for us and killed all twenty of us, we were taken out really quickly. They had set up plastic explosives all along the road and blew us out of the sky," Cal a Resistance member ghost level soldier said panting as he ran from the damaged car.

"Guns, riot shields and melee weapons, loot up at the armoury downstairs. We're going to the safe house and getting rid of those soldiers," Killian shouted over the intercom so that everyone could hear.

Running as fast as the man could he knocked on Killian's door ten times before slamming it open. This wasn't anything, it was an important message from the favellas to the apartment block B about a full scale attack. The man was just a lowly pheasant class messenger the lowest rank in the Resistance. There were many ranks in the Resistance and classes. There were different types of members in the Resistance communicators (radio operators and messengers), soldiers and reconnaissance members. In all those ranks there were the lowest of lows, the high ranked soldiers and the leaders.

"Sir, the favellas are undergoing a heavy attack, most likely by Task Force 99. They are raiding the operations and the labs. They need help and have a question, destroy the files and labs or keep them?" the messenger said panting as he stood as tall as he could before the leader.

"Run back to them and tell them help is on the way and to keep the files but destroy the labs also find a way to send them to the new safe house," Killian said as fast as he could.

He stood over the intercom and told some units to go of now and defend the favellas and some to stay back and others to go with him to the old safe house. He ran down in to the courtyard but was shocked by something so unexpected he was shocked by what had happened. Although this was strange. Killian new that something like this to happen soon enough.

Dead men lay lying outside the large gates. Men brought barricades and riot shields to defend from the attackers. His right hand man Diego was firing a MP5 at the attackers. Other soldiers were firing consistently at the attackers.

"Diego, what happened?" Killian shouted trying to yell over the deafening sound of guns firing, stunned for any other words.

"We were trying to get out on the convoy but the drivers at the convoy were standing around chatting when they were ambushed. The attackers set up barricades and now are firing at us. They are probably from Task Force 99," Diego said as he continuously fired at Task Force 99.

"Okay send some men from the back to take them out, it's our only hope," Killian said, he was confused, something was not right. There were many attacks at once all most likely by Task Force 99. In a state of distress, he called all senior members to escape Cuba to Mexico to regroup at another safe house. 

Meanwhile, over the other side of Cuba, Task Force 99 started deploying helicarriers patrolling the outskirts of the city. Jeeps, Humvees and tanks seiged the city. For only one group would come out alive and for Task Force 99 they knew it would be them. Everything was set to be perfect for the upcoming battle.