Author's note

VERY IMPORTANT!

PLS READ TILL THE END!

Good morning, or evening, or night, readers,

Warning: The protagonist of my tale is a survivor of sexual slavery. There are no explicit descriptions whatsoever, though ideas are implied. The narration mostly revolves around how she comes back to herself.

This book is NOT a spiritual read. My protagonist is from a certain part of the world, and hence follows certain patterns of attire and behavior that are integrated into the culture of that region, but she does NOT represent any particular religion or ethnicity. Pls keep that in mind. This book is primarily a thriller, I do believe. Read it as such.

Also, I break the fourth wall occasionally. For those who reiterate that this is an unprofessional action, here's a list of famous writers breaking the wall:
1. THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak
2. BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver
3. THE DARK TOWER by Stephen King
4. JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte
5. CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens
Hence, venturing into the fourth wall is an unconventional method and difficult to pull off, true, but not by any means unheard of in prose. Now, I do not propose to state that I am as good a writer as Bronte or King, or any of the others, but I do wish to try this avenue. I would be glad to hear thoughts on if it works or not.

And...another thing. The plot of this tale is, to be straight, not what you are going to assume at first. There are reasons upon reasons upon REASONS for EVERY SINGLE THING that happens in the story and might seem weird or unrealistic. There's a reason why she gets the job (read the story to understand), and it's not because he somehow sees her and falls in love like a blind duck; there's a reason why she accepts, there's a reason...well, for everything. Pls take that into consideration when you embark on this reading experience.

Here's a disclaimer. This book is purely the product of the author's imagination, and if you find anything resembling anything else in the real world, it should be regarded as fiction and treated as such. The story is a work of fiction, and the world that's been created in it is mine, and I can do with it as I see fit.

Pls don't dare take the book and presume to copy my work anywhere else. That is a bastardly thing to do, I am sure everyone understands, so...well, I don't want to put any threats here, but pls be assured that they are implied.

I hope you understand. Do vote and comment if you like what you read. For all those who take time to comment, pls feel free with your thoughts and suggestions, restrained in the boundaries of politeness. I will reply to your comments as much as I can, and, I must add, if you really help me with this book, I will feel obliged to read your works and vote and comment on them. This isn't an exchange, so pls don't see it as such. This is to widen my frame of reading material and to make friends.

Your author,

Aqsa

P.S. the amazing cover on top is made by @mebekamil... go ahead and check out the rest of her work. She responds really quick (wink, wink).