Chapter 5

You: It was the sun beating down on Phil's eyes that woke him from his sleep, which he didn't really want to be awoken from. It was the most sleep he's gotten in the while. It was the warmth and presence of another person what shot Phil's eyes open and made him sit up. Looking around and finding himself in Dan's room, in his bed, maybe a inch or two away from him. Phil remembered going to sleep in there, but he was no idea what possessed him to say yes to the offer. This was Dan's room, his bed, Phil didn't belong in it. And Phil could only picture Dan waking up and regretting having Phil there. As much as Phil loved the warmth of another person, even if Dan's warmth wasn't as much as his kind, he felt horrible when he started moving away. He thought if he just made it out of him room and went to the guest room Dan wouldn't get angry. Phil carefully tried to slide off the bed, one of Dan's arms falling from where it rested on Phil's stomach. He was almost completely off the bed before he herd Dan start to move.

Stranger: When Dan woke up from his deep slumber, he didn't really remember everything from the night before, he just knew that there was a warm spot beside him and it felt nice. And then he felt the mattress below him shift it's weight, which- hey, Phil was sleeping over here, wasn't he? Was he leaving? His hands automatically were brought up to his face as he rubbed the sleep out of his tired eyes and straighten his back, and his other hand stretched out to grope around thin air, reaching for his friend. "Phil? Phi-il," he cleared his throat, reaching out in front of him blindly and opening his eyes. When he scanned the room, the door was open and Phil was gone, clearly. Dan pouted and walked falteringly over to the door, peering out into the wooden hallway.

You: When Dan started to wake up Phil panicked and quickly left the room, honestly scared that Dan would get mad that he slept in his room with him. Even if Dan asked, Phil knew that he would have regretted it. He scurried off to the guest room he stayed in the night before, thinking how he cannot fuck up now. He was just convinced to stay and now he doesn't want to leave so he can't have Dan angry at him now. Phil was thinking the invitation to sleep in his bed might have been just in the moment, and how Dan might have felt bad because Phil wanted to leave for whatever reason. He climbed up on the guest bed and sat on it, hoping Dan didn't know Phil had left. Maybe he could think that Phil left in the middle of the night or something. But that was just a hope.

Stranger: Dan didn't see Phil in the hallway. Maybe he left in the middle of the night, maybe he was nervous because Dan came on too strong? It didn't seem so likely, though, because Phil was so self-conscious about everything and if he left in the night then he probably would have closed the door and made the bed behind him, Dan giggled. He walked over to the guest bedroom a few doors down and knocked lightly on it, shivering a bit from the lack of sufficient clothes. "Phil?" Dan called softly into the door, pressing his ear to the wood on the front and waiting for a response.

You: Phil herd the knock and froze up, hoping Dan wasn't going to get mad. "C-Come in". He stuttered out, holding his tail out of nervousness. He didn't know why it helped, the petting just calmed him. Even more so when someone else did it. Maybe Dan wasn't mad and Phil as just being nervous, he just really didn't want to mess up now. Possible having someone to talk to other them himself made him excited.

Stranger: Dan smiled to himself as he heard Phil's scratchy morning voice from inside the room granting permission for him to enter. He clicked open the door, golden handle cold against his palm. Phil was sat on his bed with his new blue pajamas they'd gotten yesterday, holding his tail from behind him and his hair was mussed up so much that it was hiding his ears. Dan grinned, walking over to the bed and sitting on the side of it. "Why'd you leave? You're warm, I'm cold, I need heat," he joked. Phil looked nervous and Dan wondered why. Was he still scared of him?

You: "I just...I'm sorry for sleeping in your bed. I know you asked me but I should have said no I know you didn't want me there, I mean that's your room and everything I just wanted to leave before you got mad I'm sorry". He said, starting to ramble. He didn't dare look up at Dan, his eyes were trained on his hand playing with the fur on his tail. Dan didn't seem all that mad, but Phil still felt sorry. He wasn't so much scared of Dan, he was just scared of fucking up.