Chapter 4

You: Phil had been thinking about what he was going to do the whole ride back to Dan's house. He was thinking about if he should tell Dan about his plans of not staying long, but why would Dan care? At first, from Phil's perspective Dan didn't really like him. Phil get's why, he would feel the same if his mother brought someone random into there house. Someone of a different race included. But now Phil's not sure, earlier today Dan seemed nice and he tried the things Phil asked. Phil decided he was going to tell him, just explain he felt weird staying here and that he should be there. It was around night when Phil decided this, he was back in the spare room he slept in the day before. Putting on a pear of Pj's he had just picked out earlier that day. We knew Dan wouldn't have a reason to come into the room to talk with him, so Phil would have to go to Dan's. He wasn't sure if he was going to remember where Dan's room was, but as he was walking though the hall it was familiar and he found it quickly. When Phil finally gained the courage to knock he did it lightly, hoping Dan didn't hear and he would just to back to his room.

Stranger: "You really have a /cat-boy/ living in your /house/ with you?" laughed Dan's friend PJ from the other side of the line. Dan's eyebrows furrowed. He knew that Peej probably wouldn't take the news very well, but he really wasn't expecting him to be /amused/. He sighed, and was about to explain how Phil really wasn't that bad, before he heard a very quiet and hesitant-sounding knock on the other side of his large, wooden door and his eyes widened. His dad didn't knock before coming into his room, and obviously, none of the maids would come in at this late at night. He quickly hung up the phone without biding goodbye to his friend, and spoke a small, "Come in," in the direction of the words, setting down the phone on his bedside table. He consciously looked around his room, looking at all the messes that laid all over the place and down at himself, the only clothing he held were his thin boxers. He pulled his duvet up around him and glanced again to the entrance to his room.

You: Phil sighed, opening the door and walking in. Not going further into the room then a few steps from the door, he felt like he was intruding in a way. "Um, hey. I kinda wanna talk to you about something". He spoke quietly, scratching the back of his neck out of awkwardness. He didn't know why he felt like this, like wherever he went in this house he didn't belong. At least he wasn't terrified at his species anymore. Phil didn't know if Dan would even care if he told him, it wasn't like the other liked him very much and Phil didn't even know what possessed him to come to his room but it wasn't like he couldn't tell him about it now.

Stranger: Dan yawned and smiled at Phil, his eyes wide as always and the brunette noted the height difference from earlier that day, because he wasn't wearing those platformed, spiky boots anymore, just socks. "Yeah, come on then," Dan murmured, gesturing over to his bed in an attempt to get Phil to sit down on it so they could be less awkward. Phil just carried around this aura of awkwardness that no amount of Dan's usual eccentric personality could rid. So he just ushered the younger boy farther into his room, smiling to himself a bit when he complied, shutting the door behind him and sitting at the end of Dan's bed.

You: Phil moved to sitting at the end of the bed when Dan motioned for him to come in more, crossing his legs when sitting. "I just wanted to, um, talk about how I don't think I'll be staying here long". He said, his voice going as quiet as he could without having Dan not hear him. "I really appreciate how your dad took me in but I just don't think I really belong here". He added, his gaze watching his hands which were rested in his lap.

Stranger: Dan had to bite his cheek because he felt like laughing a bit at his statement, as it sounded more of a joke to him than anything else. But as he gazed at the younger boy's worried and upset-looking facial features turned down into a frown, he felt his own face morphing into something less than jolly. He bit his lip, and began, "Why would you leave us?" Of course, there were countless reasons, but in Dan's mind, Phil didn't really have anyplace to go. Unless he went to his own home, but didn't Phil say something about not going back? Did that mean he had family trouble? And then there was that chunk of Dan's brain, the selfish part of him, screaming, 'don't go, you need to stay here, for me,' because as much as he didn't want to admit it, he had really gotten attached to the boy next to him, ears flattened to his head just like the night before when he ad first arrived at their mansion.