▼ Chapter 4▼

Kyle

I probably yawned like fifty times, as I streched. I was tired as hell, and my body felt so sore. I had started taking self defense classes with Earl almost everyday after school, and then I would stay up all hours in the night on the phone with Quinton.

My body was aching but I still had to come to cheerleading try outs. It was sad that so many girls came but there could only be 12 on the squad. I finished stretching and sat up.

"Alright girls, I'm gunna need y'all to get in four equal rows." I said. After everyone got in order, I stiffled a yawn again.

"You okay?" Riley asked me.

"I'm fine."  I told her. "Alright girls! My name is Kyle Montgomery, and I am the team Captain. And this is Riley Brown as the Co-captain. Some of y'all will have the privalege to work with us and be a team, but I can't promise that for all you guys. So try your best and hopefully your best is good enough."

Riley turned on some music, and we did a few routined simple dances and told the other girls to repeat. Some of them were spot on, while some others couldn't keep up if their life depended on it.

"Alright, if you're already out of breath you can leave now. If you know damn well you couldn't keep up you can leave now. Make it easier on us, please. There is always next year or you can join the dance team in January."

"Kyle, why are you being so nice? Usually you just tell these bitches to kick rocks." Marina whispered to me. I shrugged, and watcheed as some of the girls did leave. I kind of felt bad, but it was what it was. Cheerleading wasn't cut out for everybody and as captain it was my job. I wasn't sure if I liked it so much anymore, though.

After somemore ruitines, we finally rounded down to 12, and I was extremely happy. This was almost over and I could go home and get some rest.

"Ladies, please introduce yourselves." I said.

We listened to the girls introduce themselves, and tell us some stuff about themselves until one girl said it with so much attitude I frowned. That was soooo not necessary, and soo much damn extra.

The girls name was Kimesha, she was actually really pretty, and she was thick. But her attitude stunk up the entire place.

Normally I would have called her out, but I let it go.

"We have practice every other day after school, and on saturday mornings here at 8. Never be late guys, and congrats for making this years varsity squad." 

I was so damn happy when I finally layed in my bed. It felt like heaven, and that's really what I needed now. Quinton was suppose to be coming over tonight, so I needed to get some rest.

Things have been going pretty good with him lately. He makes me feel so good, and he does it so effortlessly. He means what he says and he's so genuine when it comes to us. Old habbits do die hard, but I've been trying my best to stay true to him and to myself.

Everyone else assumed that we were always happy anyways, so nothings really changed other than those feelings are now real. Everythings so real with him now, and I'm loving every bit of it.

Before I could really get into my sleep, my phone started ringing.

"What Karson?"

"Mom didn't pick me up from school. And she's not answering her phone."

"Was dad suppose to pick you up?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Why didn't you call me earlier, I had cheerleading you coulda just road with me."