Chapter Nine

"Where am I?" I croaked. My head was pounding and my arm was covered in blood for some unknown reason.

I'm not sure what happened last night, but it must of been one hectic party.

"You're in a very secure room." A male voice answered.

"Who are you? What happened to the beach?" I whispered.

"Well, you will know me in time, Isabel." He smirked.

I was slightly worried by the fact this man was leading a once bewildered conversation into a threatening one. I really don't know how I got here.

"Did I do something to upset you last night? I'm not sure who you are, but I was very drunk and very stupid." I frowned.

"It's nothing you've done, darling."

I squished my face up in reaction towards his 'darling' nickname. What kind of person calls a random, young girl 'darling'?

"Maybe you should ask your beloved friend?" He laughed.

"Who?" I croaked.

In one quick move, an unconscious body hit the floor beside me. I didn't turn to see at first but, as every second passed, I could make out a figure from the corner of my eye.

"Sam?" I said in shock. "Sam, Sam wake up!" I pleaded.

His eye was bruised and his lip was split open with dry blood covering his chin. He didn't respond; why should I ask him? Sam may be many things, but I don't think he'd get into trouble with such a guy.

"He'll come to later on. You'll be regularly visited." The man smirked and threw his foot into Sam's side. I didn't think before I moved after that; I swung my fist straight towards the guys stomach and winded him to the floor. You wouldn't really believe it, right? I mean, a big musclar man being taken down by a small fragile girl - as people like to say. I'm more than I look.

"You'll pay for that," he coughed as he got up onto his feet; he was clutching onto his stomach.

-

It must have been at least two hours since he left with pain in his eyes. I didn't like being alone - sure Sam was here, but he wasn't concious. I had been going over the things that he could have done to upset the guy, but it just didn't make sense.

"Izzy?" Sam mumbled.

"Thank god, you're awake!" I sqeaked. 

"Where are we?" He groaned, rubbing his head. 

"I'm not sure, a man came in and told me to ask you about-"

"No no no no" he mumbled to himself.

"What's wrong?"

I felt his lips press against mine and I was completely startled. I relaxed slightly as he pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead several times. I groaned at the shocking pain in my back but didn't tell him it was there, I have missed this side of him so badly. 

- Sam's P.O.V. -

I hated myself for getting her into this. He was using her for his own sick, twisted game - he thought that if she was his captive then I would surrendor without putting up a fight, boy was he wrong.

"We need to get out of here." I stared into Izzy's eyes. 

"Why? What's going on?" 

"He's a bad man, Izzy."

"What... what happened? What did you do?" She squeezed my hand tightly in fear.

"I will explain when we get out of here." I reached over and grasped her other hand in mine so she could get up from the floor after I did. She looked at me with confusion glimmering in her half swollen eye. I felt like a terrible person, who would ever let this happen to the person they love?

Yes, I love her. I said it okay, I do. I fell in love with her, and I didn't realise till now.

"Sam, I want to go home," she cried slightly.

"I'll get you home." 

-

I lifted my leg over the rusty bar that hung securely from the ceiling. "Now, take my hand." 

"I can't reach," she whined in pain. "My back hurts so badly." 

When will girls grow a back bone and fight the pain? I lay on the bar and stretched my arms out to her, swinging her up behind me. "You'll be okay." I smiled at her as she proceeded to crawl off into the vents. 

I felt uncomfortable at the sight in front of me, Izzy was wearing a skirt that exposed her. I didn't mind the view, obviously, but if someone else was to see - well I would hit the roof to put it short. "Izzy, do you want to wear my jacket around your waist?" 

"Why?" She questioned.

"Well, uh, your skirt is extremely short and-"

She let off a small giggle and turned to face me. "I don't mind you looking," she smirked. 

"It's not that, what if someone else saw." I blushed.

She stared at me for a moment and held out her hand. I took my jacket off and placed it in her hand. "I don't need that right now," she smiled gently. 

I was about to question her response, when her lips pressed against mine hungrily. I moved my mouth against hers slowly, nipping at her bottom lip, she didn't budge though. 

"Please," I whined. 

She pulled away and turned away from me with a spark in her eye. "We need to get out of here, you'll have to wait." 

Talk about unfair teasing. "You're so mean," I whined with puppy dog eyes. 

"Well, that's a first." She laughed.

We continued to crawl through the vents and eventually reached a tunnel full of light. Before she had the chance to crawl off in excitement, I grabbed her by the leg and yanked her back to me. 

"Hey!" She moaned. "What are you-"

I smacked my lips against hers and slowly lowered her down onto her back. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back, this time asking for access instead of myself. I smircked into our kiss and pulled away. 

"I just wanted to put my jacket around your waist." I grinned. 

She huffed in annoyance and waited for me to finish. "There's a good girl." I laughed.

We crawled closer to the exit, only to realise we were near a coast line. Two feet above shallow water, and above the tunnel was a steep cliff.