Chapter 30 - Tranquility.

Lennon.

“Lennon?”

“Mm?” I turned my head to look at Louis who was out of breath, puffing his chest in and out erratically.

“How did you even learn this stuff, weren’t you a baker?”

“I used to be obsessed with crime shows on TV, you can learn a lot from Criminal Minds.” I replied, “Also, old gangster films are very resourceful, I’m surprised you’ve never watched any.” I mused back aimlessly. 

I peered around at everyone in the garden, it had been three weeks since that fateful day I had been brought back here. There was nothing heard from The East which only made everything even more worrying. It had taken a whole week before I could move my arms around freely, but now I was back to my old self. The cuts on my hand were merely scars, a reminder of what was once there. Zayn had torn the stitches out as soon as the skin had fused together. 

As soon as I could move my arms freely I was sent into ‘training’, it sounded weird to say I was training. I was learning basic self-defence techniques, but raising a fist against someone aiming at gun at you was little help. Although there was always the chance they weren’t armed too. Harry led the lessons, like he said weeks back. It surprised me to find out that Perrie and Eleanor were actually very well skilled. They could both give someone a black eye, or worse easily. I dreaded to think what the boys could do. 

We finished the combat skill training for the day over an hour ago. Harry didn’t really tell anyone what to do, everyone was pretty clued up already. The only person he focused on was me. I knew how to hit but apparently not the right way “If you do that you’ll break your hand and they’ll laugh in your face,” I had grunted many times at his sly insults. He stood in front of me adorned in basketball shorts, a white vest and a pair of trainers that looked almost designer. The bandana tied around his head kept his hair falling into his eyes as he told me what to do, and mainly what I was doing wrong. He would clap the boxing mitts on his hands together, encouraging me to hit them in the different techniques had had taught me. 

After hitting Harry almost repeatedly for an hour it was apparently my turn to takeover, however I had everyone’s attention this time. It astounded me that none of them were even the slightest bit clued up on the effectiveness of pressure points. Harry knew the extent of them, one of the main reasons I was teaching them how to do it. I’d rather find a YouTube video for them to watch but Harry grunted at the idea displeasingly. 

Liam had Louis tightly in a headlock minutes before he questioned about my knowledge of the subject. Although they were practicing they never used full force, the outcome was always uncertain with the skill. Harry didn’t want to touch on what I could use my eyes for until I could defend myself, he insisted it was the top priority since we could be attacked at any given minute. 

“I think that’s enough for today,” Harry called out above everyone in the garden. They all agreed unsurprisingly and I was just as pleased, it was still winter and the layers of frost on the ground were still very adamant. I turned to look at Harry as I was about to turn and leave, he was facing out into the garden, on looking the gathering of trees at the bottom of the large field of grass. It was almost as if he could sense me staring at me, he turned around, his hands still resting on the back of his head lazily.

He motioned me to go over, to which I did. I stood soundless next to him, breathing in the rare fresh air of London. “”It’s so peaceful,” he breathed out quietly.

“It’s not gonna last though is it?” He turned his head away from looking at me back to the seemingly endless garden. I followed his stare back to the tranquillity.