Chapter 6 - "I want to meet this girl."

Harry.

“You do realise that wasn’t a very clever move right?”

I swung the car door shut with such a force the car jerked from side to side slightly. I turned to look at Louis who was tapping on the steering wheel, an eyebrow raised in my direction. I rolled my eyes, switching the radio off which was playing an incessant tune. He sighed at my actions however he continued to wait for an answer. 

“Paul just text.” I replied bluntly, ignoring his obvious question, which was still lingering in the air. “He wants us back at the house to discuss future observations.”

“I know, he text me too.” He spoke brusquely. “That still doesn’t answer my previous question.” I sighed, knowing he wouldn’t drop the matter, an unimportant one at that too. “We’re risking our lives just being in this part of the city you can’t go snatching their citizens from the streets.” 

“Okay firstly; I didn’t snatch her.” I growled. He soon after started the engine and began driving out of the part of the city that wasn’t safe for us. “And secondly; no one saw.”

“You don’t know that.”

“We’ve been watching the area for the past two months, I’m pretty sure there aren’t any East siders occupying the area.”

“They could have been disguised or just passing through. You never know these things.”

“I think I do. If one of them saw I would have been shot and dead by now.”

He grunted at my reply because I was no doubt telling the truth. If someone from the East had watched me pulled Lennon off the street, I would have been shot and left for dead within minutes. I’d put up a fight first; I wouldn’t go down without any dignity.

The drive through the city was tense. We were both mainly on high alert due to our current orders. We had to be three steps in front at all times, eyes in the back of our heads and our hearts had to be completely concealed, if there at all. Nothing could get in the way of business.

The car engine revved loudly as Louis hit the car into sixth gear and powered straight through a set of traffic lights evidently changing to red. I smirked as several cars blasted their horns – as if it might actually do something. No one had immunity from the cops, not even in your own side but the fuzz are tame compared what London really hides. 

Louis flicked the radio back on whilst I was busy scanning the suburbs, trying to detect anything unusual. Activity during the day was mostly unheard of. Two months, we hadn’t been spotted as far as we knew. We saw them, and yet nothing kicked up any suspicions. I was growing tired of doing nothing, there are fights out there to be had with Harry Styles written all over them. 

“If we’re stuck sitting in this piece of scrap metal for another two months I’m going to lose it.” He muttered, mainly to himself. We alternated driving, it depended who got there first. But I agreed, it wasn’t the greatest car to drive. It did zero to sixty in twenty seconds, which was extremely unhelpful in some circumstances.

“If we drove around in a massive Range Rover with the windows all blacked out and enough weapons in the trunk to start a small army then I think we’d be pretty much asking for trouble.” I replied mockingly. 

“You can’t talk about asking for trouble,” he grinned, taking his eyes briefly off the road. I sighed heavily, rolling my eyes. He wasn’t going to let it drop. “But seriously, this is a woman’s car. If you asked Eleanor what sort of car she wanted, she’d say this one!” He ranted, on and on.