Chapter Six

** Laura's POV**

My eyes felt so heavy as I fluttered them open... Where was I? I slowly lifted my self up, there were short bursts of pain from my chest. Everything was so blurry as I squinted my eyes to adjust to the bright room. In front of me was a mirror, god I looked terrible. My hair was matted to my head from all the sweat, my eyes had bags under them and there was a musty smell.

Laura.

"Who's there?!" I screamed. There is a dead silence as I listen closely to the howling wind outside. I slowly make my way down the stairs, there was no one here- not a single soul. There was a thick smell that got worse as I go down the stairs. Hanging on the side of the stairs were pictures, a girl about the same age as me was in them with her family. The last picture was of her with a group of girls, as I scan through the picture- it catches me by suprise. Why was I in this picture? I have never met or seen this girl in my life. Yet there I am posing with these girls I've never seen before.

I had to get out of here. I was in a stranger's house all by myself. I quickly run down the stairs to make my way down to the main door, but what I see there makes me paralyze with fear. There piled on top of each other were five limp selfless bodies covered in blood. A silent scream left my lips.

"Do you want the same to happen to you?" a hoarse voice called out causing me to jump backwards. A slim figure stepped out of the shadows, the smell worsened as she stepped closer to me. I shuffled backwards and soon hit the wall behind. She was not human yet she had a graceful appearance, and she took such elegant soft steps almost as if she was floating. She had done this, she was capable of murder. I had to get out, but my curiosity got the better of me.

"Who are you?" I manage to say.

"Oh dear, the less you know the better- but what you should know that you have a choice. You can leave here now, and stay to live your life or you can stay and ask questions but in the end you'll have the same fate as them" she spat pointing her bony thin fingers to the pile of the bodies. She had no finger nails and it was caked with mud. Or blood.

What was I doing? I wanted to leave but my body wouldn't move, I was paralyzed with fear. I didn't want her any where near me. I didn't trust her one bit, I knew she would never let me get out of here alive. My eyes darted to the bodies that layed there, I wondered what had happened. There was a strange feeling in my stomach, as I felt remorse and regret- almost as if I knew these girls. But yet I don't.

Something glistening to the side caught my eye, there laying beside the bodies was a long dagger. If I had it, there is still a chance that I could get out- at least that way I'd die fighting for my life. It would be easy for her to slash my throat as she did to the girls lying there- again feelings of regret flooded me. Had I not done something to stop this? I had to distract her.

"So who are you really?" I ask

"You know, if I answer that I'll have to kill you" she replies striding facing back, I take a step forward. I was now inches away from grabbing the dagger, all I needed was a few more minutes.

I swallow the lump forming in my dry throat. "Yes" I whisper.

"They call me Bloody Mary. I'm your worst nightmare" she hisses back at me "do you remember these girls?"

Bloody Mary. It couldn't be, that was made up. She had an eerie presence, and there was a musty smell that followed every step she took.

"No, I haven't seem them in my life" I take one final step towards the knife, and slowly reach down to grab it.