Chapter Forty: The Surprise

A/N:

Hello Lovely Readers!

Please read the note at the end of this chapter too, kay? Hihih.

Not Edited.

Enjoy Reading!

--Kiara--

Saying I was astonished is an understatement. 

I stood by the entrance of the gymnasium looking at the cheesy decorations all over it. I don't know who gave my best friend this idea but I bet he or she is someone not to consult with the same matter again. Well at least on my opinion because looking at how Nathan's eyes glitter with what I can see is either happiness or content, he really loves the whole idea.

I let my eyes dance through the entire room. There are pink and white cloths like tapestries hanging by the walls circling and covering the entire gym, each has words on it which basically reads as 'Loving You Always And Forever Babe'. I grimaced as I read it out loud.

Who could've helped that guy think about this absurdity? Seriously? Who in their right mind would go this far? Who?! Ugh! Fine! Maybe I'm just being bitter.

I let my eyes roam around a bit more and I noticed a makeshift stage at the center decorated with a combination of pink and white heart shaped balloons. Same colors of rose petals are also scattered on the floor making a pathway from where I am standing up to the foot of the stairs just below the stage. The makeshift stage also has an elegantly set table for two with scented candles that are not yet lit.

I smiled as Nathan jogged to my side, looking extremely happy with the outcome of his hard work.

"You made all this?" I asked as I put my hands in the air to point out the whole venue. I tried to suppress a giggle but with this Romeo standing next to me, I bet it's gonna be hard so I gave in and giggle.

"Of course!" He said proudly, sticking his chin up in the air and showing off his muscles as he lift both his arms in the air squeezing his biceps in front of me.

So that explains why he is in that work clothes. I nodded in appreciation eyeing the room once again.

"This is overly romantic!" I exclaimed truthfully still a bit in a daze.

"Anything for my Stacy!" He looks like a child jumping upside down as he receives bags of candies during trick or treat.

"So... What do I do?" I shrieked, all smiles and getting infected with his excitement.

"Piwie is already with Stacy since they have this major subject together at this hour. So what you're gonna do is wait for them. Find some excuse or something. She needs to be here after her class. Don't worry, I have everyone in school as accomplices so you won't break took much sweat! Easy as 123!" He bickered as he explained what must be done.

"So basically, You want me to accompany her here?" My smile faded right after he stressed his last syllable. I am getting confused. 

It's not like I am friends with Stacy. It sounds easy but trust me, it's anything but that. We hate each other's guts. How in the world could I ever convince her to come with me???

Apparently, I might look transparent to Nathan as I heard him chuckle.

"What?! Are you kidding me now, Finiggan?" I snapped at him.

"I know you would react like that and seeing your face, giving me that 'how-the-fvck-would-I-do-that' look for as long as five minutes now. It's priceless, trust me! But I'm not joking around here. Seriously Kiara, Stacy isn't that bad of a person like you think. Can you at least try get along with her?" He has this small smile on his face while telling me that. I want to rip it off his face.