69. Kai (featuring Sehun)

“Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah, where are you?” You call, jumping to see over everyone’s heads. You huff in frustration. How hard could it be to spot a tall, blonde boy in this sea of brown and black hair? “Sehun-ah!”

“Quit yelling, Nicole! I’ve been behind you this whole time!” A voice says from behind you. You turn and see your brother, Sehun. He runs his fingers through his hair. “Where are the sign-ups?”

“Just over there,” you say. You grin and grab his hand. “Come on!”

He groans. “Nicole~! You know I don’t like performing in front of people!”

“You’ll only be out there with me for about a minute.”

He harrumphs. “What if I make a fool of myself?”

“What if, what if,” you mumble. You flick his forehead. “Yah, what if you do really well and become a superstar and make your debut?”

He rolls his eyes. “That will definitely happen. Pffsh.” He spots something behind you and smiles. “Ooh, a snack stand! I want to go buy some food~!” He runs off.

“Yah! Oh Sehun!” You shout after him, stomping your foot. You try to follow, but he weaves through the crowd like a snake. You oof as you run into someone. You yelp as you tumble to the ground, landing on your butt.

A slender, bronze-skinned hand darts out. “Careful!” Someone pulls you to your feet. You look up to see a very handsome boy with narrow eyes and dark skin. His hair is brushed in front of his face, and his brown eyes bore into yours.

He raises his hand and rubs the back of his neck. “Try not to fall over,” he says shyly with a coy smile. “In this crowd, you might get trampled.”

“I hope not,” You reply, brushing yourself off.

“Here for the talent showcase?” He asks.

You nod. “Mm~! Are you?”

“Not really,” he says. “I only perform in my room.” His cheeks flush pink. “I guess you didn’t really need to know that…” He sticks out his hand. “I’m Jongin, but my friends call me Kai.”

You duck your head. “I’m Nicole.”

“Nice to meet you,” he says with another cute smile. “So…who just ditched you? Your boyfriend?”

“My brother,” you mumble. “I’ll have to kick him in the shin later…”

“Your brother?” Kai raises an eyebrow and stares at the tall, blonde boy. “I can see the resemblence.”

He’s definitely being sarcastic. There’s no resemblence between you and Sehun at all. You are the exact opposite of Sehun, nicknamed ‘the golden apple’ because of his blonde hair. Your hair is black and glossy and falling just below your shoulders. However, both you and Sehun are very good-looking.

You hear a voice. “All talent showcase participants please go to your places. Last-minute sign-ups are being taken at the stand.”

“I…I guess I need to go,” you say.

He winks. “I’ll be sure to watch. Good luck!”'

You feel butterflies in your stomach and blush as he disappears into the crowd. You walk over and grab Sehun’s arm. “Sehun-ah, come on!”

“I, uh,” He looks around as you meet backstage.

A woman comes over to you. “You are on next. I have… Nicole.”

“And Sehun,” you say.

The woman frowns. “Um…No…just Nicole.”

Your eyes widen, and you whirl on your brother. “Sehun!”

“Sorry!” He says quickly, shielding his head. “I didn’t fill out a sign-up for me. I’m really sorry! I completely forgot about it!”

“How could you forget something like this?” You say, hitting him lightly on the chest.

The woman taps your shoulder. “Nicole, do you want to go on?”

“Y-yes,” You say. I guess I’ll have to do it alone…

The announcer’s voice comes on again. “Next, we have Nicole performing “Only One” by superstar BoA!”

You sigh. I really wish I didn’t have to do this alone… You smile and bow your head as the woman slips a microphone over your ear. The music starts.

You step onto the stage and start to sing. The audience is silent, watching and listening with smiles on their faces. Your voice carries through the air.

The second verse has almost begun. This was when Sehun was supposed to join you and dance, just like the men in BoA’s concerts. When no one comes out, the crowd starts to murmur.

Suddenly, you feel someone dancing with you. You continue to sing even though you’re surprised. You look up into a pair of dark eyes that crinkle in the corners. Kai smiles at you.

You finish the song. As you do, the crowd cheers and applauds wildly. You laugh and run off the stage, holding Kai’s hand.

“That was amazing!” Sehun says, meeting you backstage. His eyes fall on Kai. “Who are you?”

“A last-minute sign-up,” he replies. He smiles at you and winks. “You needed someone to dance with, right?”

“T-thanks,” you stammer, blushing.

He leans down and kisses your hand. “Anytime.” He slides something into your hand—a slip of paper. “I enjoyed dancing with you, Nicole. Call me if you want to meet me on a real first date, though.” He winks and walks off.

You look down at the paper. Sehun pokes his head over your shoulder. “What did he give you?”

You grin. “His phone number.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long~! Sehun seems like a very good brother-ly type. Does anyone else think so? Dedicated to Nicole (StylesIsMyStyle) and Nichole_Kai! Please vote if you liked~! :)