4. Cystallized

"Werewolves?" I questioned, looking at Derek as we sat at the small table in my kitchen.

"Yes." He answered, slightly annoyed that that was my first question.

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow, fixing the glasses that were perched on my nose.

"Yes, I'm positive." As soon as the statement left his mouth his eyes turned to an electric blue.

"Jesus Christ! You mind warning me? That's not something you see everyday and I'd like a heads up before going into cardiac arrest." I stood, running my hands over my face and looking at the clock. It's 6:45.

"Oh no." I mumbled, looking up at Derek. "Oh no." I said louder and before we knew it the front door opened downstairs and I heard Marta making her way upstairs.

Derek and I stood frozen. Him confused as to why someone's coming into my house this early, and me out of fear. Her footsteps approached the kitchen and I turned to the doorway as she walked in.

"Hey Marta." I spoke, as she didn't look up from the two large paper bags in her arms.

"Good morning Olivia." She looked up then and dropped the bags as she saw who was behind me and I reached forward, only able to catch one.

"You mind not dropping bags?" I mumbled as I picked up the other bag, placing them both on the island.

"Olivia who's this?" I stood up and saw as she looked, or should I say gawked, at him.

I cleared my throat before answering,"Uh Marta this is Derek. Derek this is Marta, my housekeeper of sorts." They shook hands and Derek gave a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you." He stated kindly, as he dropped his hand putting it back in his pocket.

"Nice to meet you as well. Do you go to school with Olivia?" She asked as she began to put the groceries away. Before Derek could say anything I answered for him.

"Yeah, he's a senior." She nodded slightly, continuing what she was doing.

"Do you play any sports?" She asked after a slight pause.

"No, I used to play basketball though." I looked at him a sort of shock, he played basketball?

"So are you two...?" She strained off and Derek eyes widened and mine did the same.

"Uh no! No we're not dating, if that's what you were asking." I said quickly.

"Okay, whatever you say. Don't you have to get ready for school?" Holy crap she's right. "And is Jackson picking you up today?"

"Uh no, I was just gonna walk." I forgot he wasn't picking me up.

"But you have your car." I shook my head at her statement.

"No I don't, it needs a new battery. I thought I told you."

"Well then, why doesn't Derek drive you?" I looked at Derek, a smirk on my lips.

"Yeah Derek, why don't you?" He growled under his breath, and smiling at Marta.

"Sure." She smiled and continued to put the groceries away.

I laughed lightly and made my way up the stairs, and to my room. After I reached my room I walked into my closet and grabbed a maroon crop top, black skinny jeans, a black and white kimono, and a pair of brown boots. I threw them on and made my way downstairs.

"Where Derek?" I asked liking to Marta, who was sitting at the small table.

"He said he'd wait for you outside." I nodded and grabbed my bag from the front door, along with my house keys and made my way out the door. Derek sat on the steps and I walked over, kicking him lightly in the back.