Chapter 23: Welcome To The Family.

I awoke so suddenly in the middle of the night that I wasn't sure I was really awake. I stared at the ceiling, trying to figure out why I would have woken up when a sharp kick in my stomach made me realize.

"Jace," I cried. He rolled over and groaned, covering his head. I didn't blame him. I'd woken him up fourteen times this week with the same concern that the babies were coming, except this time I had no doubt in my mind.

"Jace, wake up." I demanded, pushing on his arm. I rolled myself out of bed, a feat I'd become rather good at since my body doubled in size.

"What is it Iz?" Jace sighed. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair.

"We have to go, now." I said. Jace began to argue and then silenced himself when he saw the look on my face. He threw himself out of bed and shouted for Megan, who'd been staying over since my false alarms started.

"Megan, it's time!" He shouted. Jace wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me toward the door. He began to chant the orders from the classes he'd forced me take.

"Jace," I growled, wincing.  

"Sorry," he muttered. He helped me into the car, Megan and Jack joining us in the backseat. Megan was calling everyone from Ryder to my parents, ordering them to the hospital and reassuring them that this was really the time. Jack had fallen back asleep, leaning against the car door and clutching a blanket.

"Are you ok?" Jace asked, his voice was shaking and his hands were gripping the steering wheel too tightly.

"I'm fine," I muttered, grounding my teeth. I didn't remember it being this way with Jack, but I was so drugged up I didn't even remember him being born, but I was certainly going to remember this. Megan hung up her phone and grabbed my hand.

"Just breath," she ordered. I squeezed her hand so hard she cried out and jerked her hand back. "I said breath, not smash my hand!"

"We're almost there," Jace said, offering his hand for me to abuse. He bit his lip. "God Iz,"

"You deserve it," I gasped. Megan and Jace began to coach my breathing, and this time I let them. By the time we reached the hospital and I lying in one of the beds, I was screaming in pain and covered in sweat.

"It's going to be ok, Isabella, the pain should start to subside soon," The doctor said. I felt a prick on my arm. And soon I was to busy to think.

****

Many, many, hours later I was sitting up in bed with Kali in one crook of my arm, and Kendal in the other. Jace sat in a chair beside me, Jack on his lip. Both had broad smiles on their faces as they looked on the two newest members of our family. Megan, Ryder, and David sat on the other side of the bed, fighting with each other as usual, but quietly. My parents. Emma, and Andrew, stood at the bottom of the bed. Andrew was texting Logan, Emma was talking to my mother about having her own babies, and my father was staring at me with a dreamy look.

"Alright everyone, Isabella and the babies need their rest, you'll have to go." My nurse called. Megan sighed and stood up.

"Do we have to? They're so cute." She shrieked. The nurse gave her a stern look. "Alright," Megan muttered. She ducked down and kissed my cheek. She kissed each of the twin's heads and stood back, waiting for David and Ryder.

"See you tomorrow, Iz." David said. He gave me a hug and poked Kendal's and Kali's stomachs. Ryder kissed my cheek, winking at Jace as he did, and patted the twin's arms. Megan, David, and Ryder all left together, talking about the twins and all the things they were going to teach them.