Chapter 29

Jules had her feet up on the sofa and a cushion under her head as she enjoyed the movie she had selected.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

"Jules?" Ceaser called as he fixed two plates of the noodles but she was too immersed in the movie to hear him.

Ceaser sighed and took the plates to the living room and stopped at the foot of the sofa and watched her stoic face as she stared at the TV screen. She seemed to enjoy it.

"Still hungry?" He asked as he placed the plates on the table.

Jules heard him then.
"Oh my goodness, yes." She said as she sat up. "Smells so good."

Ceaser went back to the kitchen and got to glasses and a bottle of grape wine. Jules paused the movie and waited for his return.

"Ready to dig in?" He asked as he joined her again putting the glasses down filling the cups.

"I can't." Jules stopped him.

"Relax Jules, it non-alcoholic."

Jules just stared at him.
He did know her an awful lot.

"Thank you." She said when he handed her a glass and took a seat next to her. She took a sip of the wine and moaned at the taste "That's really good." She placed it on the side table next to the sofa.

"What are you watching?" He asked as he took their plates and gave her hers.

"An amazing movie." She pushed the play button and they enjoyed the food, the movie and the company.

Two hours later and their empty plates were on the table and the wine bottle empty as well. Their glasses were half-filled and the movie was ending. Jules and Ceaser had forgotten about space as Jules had her head against Ceaser's shoulder.

The second the movie ended, Jules sighed and Ceaser looked at her.

"That was amazing." She said.

He smiled.
"You said the same thing about the noodles but I didn't see you getting emotional over it."

Jules pulled away from him to give him a look that said: For real?
"I haven't seen a movie in years." She confessed. "This was fun."

He couldn't keep his eyes off her
"I thought so too." He said, "Never had the time to sit for an entire movie."

"Well, I'm glad you did. You would have missed out on such an amazing movie." She got up and picked up her plate and Ceaser's while he grabbed her glass and his in one hand and the empty wine bottle in the other.

"Can I just say I'm glad you don't drink alcohol often." He said

"Why is that?"

"Because you would be drunk right now." He smiled as she got their dishes rinsed and into the dishwasher.

"Hey, don't hate my drinking habit. I love a glass of good wine and this happened to be the right flavour" She said, "It was almost..." She thought for the right word

Ceaser waited.
"Orgasmic." He provided and Jules looked at him.

"Yea." She said, "How...?"

"From all the noise you were making with each sip?" He said, "Pretty much sounded like you were having an..."

"Don't say it!" She warned as she took the glasses and did the same.

Ceaser laughed.
"Why?" He asked, "Scared of a little O."

"Not scared." She sighed "Just not in the right mind to think of one."
Been a while since she had had one. She wasn't even sure she had had one. Damn Ben.
"It's pretty late. I should go to bed." She said

"Yeah." Ceaser said

Jules and Ceaser went up the stairs together and walked down the hall and stopped in front of her room.

"Goodnight." She said

He gave her a curt nod
"If you need me, I'm a door away." He said pointing at the door down the hall.

Jules nodded.
"Thanks for dinner."

"What did I say about thanking me?"

Jules smiled.
"Can't help it." She said as he watched her. "Goodnight then."

"Goodnight Jules." He said and she turned around and entered her room.

Ceaser smiled when she shut her door and went to his room.

Jules got ready for bed as she took a shower. It was afterwards she realized she had nothing to change into except the pack of undergarments she had purchased earlier.

"Darn." She said as she put on her work clothes with her damp hair. She braced herself and went out of her room and down the hall stopping in front of Ceaser's room, she raised her hand about to knock and the door swung open and Ceaser came into view. A half-naked Ceaser at that.

Oh boy!
Jules swallowed.

It was suddenly hot.

"I was on my way to your room." He said, "Thought you'd need these." He referred to the clothing in his hand.

Jules smiled.
"That's actually why I came." She said, "Thank you." She took it from him as he handed it to her.

"I wasn't sure if you'd put on the shorts but I included it either way."

Jules felt her cheeks heat up.
"Right." She looked down embarrassed

"Hey." He lifted her face with his finger under her chin "I was messing with you."

Jules gave a small smile.

"I kind of like you without the shorts." He leaned against his doorpost as he smirked at her.

Oh, all that naked glorious...
Alarm bells were going off in her head.

"Goodnight." Jules said before she rushed off down the hall and into her room as she left Ceaser there laughing.

"You're so cute when you're squirmy." He said to no one as he got into his room and closed the door.

Jules had changed into Ceaser's shirt and gotten into bed. She was very tired and when she took a side of the bed next to Ivy, she felt her body thank her. Her eyes began to close as she thought of the night she just had with Ceaser. She didn't know when she fell into the darkness and a cloud of dreams in which she wasn't afraid to go for what she wanted.

Him.

In her dream, she had everything she really wanted. Like her parents, the HOD position, Ceaser, his love. But in reality, it was either impossible to get in terms of her parents or she was scared of the outcome. Someday, she would have to let go of that fear and just be true to herself getting past all the obstacle.

Ceaser on the other hand was already working towards getting what he wanted or rather, who he wanted.

Ivy and Jules.

That was his number one priority now. He would be patient with Jules but in the main time, he got to enjoy their friendship. Although the media was getting in the way and he needed to fix that if he wanted things to progress between himself and Jules. He didn't blame her for wanting to stay away from him but he was glad she had chosen to be friends rather than cut him off from her life.

As for rectifying the situation, Jules didn't want him to ruin the writer's career so he would leave the decision to the writer himself once he gets his name from VON. Speaking of which, he had to call his lawyer about that.