Chapter 6 (Picture of Diana on the side....)

• Dedicated to Diana Castillo

Take a guess at what this is? That's right another chappy! Yay! 

Picture of  Diana on the side >>>>>>>>>

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Lexi P.O.V.

"Come on, Tweety. Wakey wakey." I heard someone call my name. I felt the bed dip and someone start to shake me gently.

"Jayden, I swear to the Lord almighty, if you shake me one more time, I will beat you upside the head." i growled into my pillow. He just chuckled and flipped me over, so he was on all fours above me.

"Mornin' sunshine." He smiled down at me. Jayden hadn't changed much in four years. He only got a bit taller, but filled up a lot more, and in a good way. His face changed too. He looked like more of a man, instead of a boy. I, on the other hand, grew out my "girlies" more and got taller too. But other than that, I hadn't changed a bit. Oh, and we both kinda got New York accents. Jack says that I've lost my "Southern Touch", or whatever the hell that is. 

"Come on, Tweety. I have to go to work and you, lil miss, have to go to school." He nodded, but didn't get off me. All I did was giggle. Yep, I have started to think of my best friend in ways that you shouldn't think of a best friend. But I won't say anything. As soon as I would get serious, he'd dump me for someone actually worth it. I sighed and got that empty feeling in my stomach when I think about it. Jay looked down at me, now concerned.

"You ok, Tweety?" He asked, gently touching the side of my face. I moved my head so I was going into his hand. 

"Yea, I'm fine." 

"Ok, well let's get tot work then!" He told me, still not getting off.

"Uh, Jay? You kinda need to get off me so I can get ready." I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He looked down at me and chuckled.

"Oh, right. Well, I'll be in the kitchen." He jumped up and walked out the door without even giving me a second look. 'Huh, that was weird.' I thought. As I was in the shower, I thought about the past four years. Jayden finished college and I finished high school. I was now at NYU, studying as an art major. Jayden worked in entertainment at a studio about three streets over. Our apartment was on the same street, above a pharmacy. Jack lived on the seventh floor, while we are on the fourth. Since the walk was so short, Jay would sometimes walk to pick me up during our lunch break and we would walk to our favorite restaurant, Chipolte. After my shower, I got dressed and went into the kitchen to find Jayden. It wasn't hard, as our apartment is pretty much a tenement. We have a living room, kitchen, two closets, a full bathroom, and a room for our washing machine and dryer. Jayden's back was turned around, probably focusing on making us coffee. I walked quickly behind and hugged him from behind. He relaxed back into me and we stood there like that. He turned around, wrapping his arms around my waist. I could feel his warmth pulsing from him and onto me. It made me feel safe and at home. 

"I knew somethin' was up. Come on, what's wrong?" He rubbed my back and I leaned into him. I breathed in his scent and listened to his heartbeat. 

"I was just thinking about stuff." I said. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

"Oh, really? What kinda stuff?" He said. I sighed and looked into his beautiful green eyes. They shined with concern and something else that I hadn't really noticed before. I thought for a second that- no. It couldn't be. I shook my head and turned away. 

"Nothing." I said and pulled away. I grabbed a travel mug and drank the coffee Jayden made me, as he did every morning. 

"You look great today, by the way." He nodded towards me as he drank his coffee. I looked down at what I was wearing. A crop top with a black tank top beneath paired with boot cut jeans and my stiletto boots. I shrugged and smiled.