Chapter 4 (Picture of Kayren on the side...)

Another Chappy! Picture of Kayren on the side >>>>>>

~~~~Sarritta14~~~~~~

Lexi P.O.V

I had spent a total of 26 hours in the hospital. The entire time, Jayden stayed with me. He kept me entertained and made me forget about Alex. That was just like him. Jayden always made me feel better and I couldn't ask for a better best friend. I was now sitting in his car, driving home to collect a few things before heading out. 

"You ok, Tweety?" Jayden asked as we pulled into the driveway. I sucked in my breath and turned to look at him. Even though his face was drenched with concern, he pulled off the look flawlessly. I reached out and traced my hand over is facial features. He took my hand and kissed it gently, his eyes glued to mine. I hadn't realized I hadn't answered until he snapped his fingers in front of my face, a smile playing at his lips. 

"Yea, let's do this." I looked back and noticed that the cops were still there. Jay had made sure that they followed us home, just in case he-who-shall-not-be-named was here. The officers got out and told us to go in behind them.

"Stay behind me, no matter what." Jay said in a dead serious tone. I knew to take this seriously, as he used his 'Listen to me or die' tone. I grabbed his hand and walked close behind his back. Officer Greene stood in front of us and Officer Curtz stood behind us. 

"Just grab the basics and go, alright?" Officer Curtz stated. I nodded and Jay followed me to my room once I knew it was clear. Jayen grabbed my extra large duffel and shoved all the clothing he could in my bag. I grabbed another bag and shoved all my photos and other things that I thought were important to me. That's when I found the photos of me and Alex. The happy times, before he got violent with me. I started to cry and I ripped the photos to shreds, screaming explicits.

"You ok, Tweety?" Jay turned around to see me shredding the photos. He just gave me a sad look and wrapped his arms around me. He put his forehead to mine and breathed in deeply, something that always calmed me down. I matched my breathing to his and felt calm.

"Come on, let's get my crap and get the hell outta here." He picked up both my bags and my eyes widened. Damn, his muscles are hot. I bit my lip and then shook my head with a small smile on my face. I can't believe I just thought that! I grabbed my stuffed Tweety Bird that Jayden gave me and my pillow and walked behind Jay. As I go to the front door, I saw my mom standing by the front door, putting out a cigarette.

"Oh my baby!" She yelled and ran towards me. She gripped my in a bear hug, which hurt like a bitch.

"Ma-ow- you're hurting me." I gasped out. She pulled back with tears in her eyes. 

"I know what happened. The officers told me everything." She nodded towards the officers standing in the yard.

"What's goin' on, baby girl?" She rubbed my arms and looked sad.

"She's coming with me. She needs to get out of town as soon as possible." Jay stepped in. He knew it was probably killing my mom, but he was right. I had to leave. 

"You should leave too, ma'am." He told her. She nodded and sniffled.

"I understand. We can probably stay with a friend of mine in Tallahassee." I shook my head. I was positive Alex knew people in almost the entire South. 

"Ma, Me and Jayden are goin' farther than that." I told her. She looked at me confused.

"Well, where the hell are you goin'?" She asked.

"I'm takin' her to New York, ma'am. I have a relative up there with a house that he'll let us use. I need her farther than Tallahassee. I won't trust it." Jayden said, respectively. I bent my head to avoid my mother's glare.

"My baby will be plenty safe with me, thank you very much. She's coming with me." 

"Mama, plea-"

"New York is a dangerous, filthy, place. You're not goin' there. You'll be fine in Tallahassee with me and Sam." I grimanced. Sam was my mom's "friend with benefits." He constantly hit on me and once asked for a "go". 

"New York is cleaner and safer than Tallahassee! Plus, Jayden will be with me!" I argued.

"Not good enough," She simply shook her head at me like I was crazy.

"Ma'am, no offense, but I know Alex and I know he will have all parts of his gang searching for her. Do you even know what's goin' on?" He asked.

"I know what is goin' on, Jayden! I also know that my baby will be staying with me!" She yelled.

"Why do you hate New York so much?!" I yelled. She had no right to do this. I was 18 for lord's sake! I could do what I wanted. Plus, it was for the sake of my safety!

"That's where you're father is ." She sobbed quietly. That hit me like a brick. My father!?

"Ma, you knew where he is?" I asked quietly.

"I wanted you to stay far away from him." She told me in a stern voice.

"Mama, how do you know where he is?"

"He tried to contact you a year after he left. I wouldn't allow it. I was done witth that man all those years ago when he left us, and I'd be damned if I let him back in to our lives.' She sniffled and wiped her face. I stood there with my jaw on the ground. My father tried to talk to me?! What?! 

"Tweety, you ok?" He looked me in the eyes. I shook my head and put his forehead to mine. I closed my eyes and calmed down immediately. I turned around to see my mother staring at us.

"Ma, do you know where Casey is?" I asked through my teeth.

"No." She answered and walked to her car. She drove off like a mad man. Tears sprung in my eyes. That was the first fight we had since Daddy left. Jayden pulled me into a hug and wiped the tears from my eyes. Officer Curtz came inside.

"We'll watch the house if your mother chooses to stay here." He said. I nodded and we walked across the street to Jayden's house. We spent about 40 minutes at his house collecting his things and saying goodbye to his mom. She hugged me and let us go. Kayren, his mother, was more like a second mother to me. She took care of me and Casey all the time and helped us through problems when Ma couldn't. 

"You take care now, ok? Keep my boy safe!" She siad to me, her orangey-red hair brushed away from her tear streaked face. 

"I will, Kayren." I said.

"Please baby doll, call me Mama!" She shook her ehad and laughed sadly. I chuckled and Jay put his arm around me. 

"And you take care of this young lady, or so help me I will beat your buns 'til they're as red as your father's pickup!" She told him. I laughed and thought about him. Alan, his dad, was the sweetest guy you'd ever met.  I smiled at Jayden. Whe he smiled back, I notcied the resemblence. Both were handsome, but Jay looked like the younger, more muscular, hotter version. There I go again! Secretly hitting on my best friend. I'm such a mess.

"I will, Mama." He told her without breaking eye contact with me. He turned away and pulled me toward his blue 1965 mustang. He revved the engine as a goodbye towards Kayren.

"Alrighty, you ready?" He smirked at me. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Get me the hell outta here, Jay." He chuckled and pulled outta the driveway.

"Here we go." And we started our drive.

~+~+~+~~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~~+~+~+~~+

Holaz! Well there ya go! Hope y'all like it! Q.C.C.! Remember to Vote too! Hell, become a fan if you want to! Please DO IT!!!!! RAWR!!!! 

with love,

Sarritta14