Chapter ♣ 9

Promise¥

I patiently and quietly waited for Amir to return for what seemed like hours. I looked down at my phone and saw it had only been two minutes. I got up from the bed to look out one of Amir's windows in the room, to see if I could see anything outside.

I peeked through the wooden blinds to only see the side of the house. Dammit!  I threw my hands up in defeat. I didn't wanna go against him saying to stay up here and wait for him. But at the same time, what if something happened to him and I didn't do anything to try and help.

I paced back and forth and thought things through. I then heard yelling and quickly walked to the door. I placed my ear to the door to in hopes that I could hear what was going on downstairs. I heard a conversation between Amir and someone I couldn't put a name to.

'This nigga is after you man. All because you messin wit a girl that aint yours...

You might as well just let her be and do you...

All these otha females you talk to, but yet you want her and she gotta man...'

I pulled away from the door and shook my head. I guess people really don't want to see me and Amir together. This had to have been one of Amir's boys from the way he was talking. Maybe I shouldn't have put myself in this type of situation. But can you blame me?

I can't help that I fell for a guy like Amir. He knows how to treat me. He doesn't put his hands me. He's not aggressive. He's nothing like Aj and that's what makes me want him so much more.

"Promise open the door."

I jumped from the sudden knocking. I was so zoned out in my thoughts I didn't even hear Amir come back up the stairs.

I unlocked the door and he walked in. He sat down on the bed and looked irritated. I didn't really know what to say or how to approach him. I've never seen him look this way before and it scared me.

"Are you ok?" I asked lowly. He shook his head no.

"So your not gonna talk to me?" I asked him.

He sat there looking down at the floor. I hated seeing him act this way but maybe I should just give him his space. I walked to the other side of the bed and grabbed my keys. I slid them in my pocket and headed towards the door to leave.

"Where you goin?" Amir asked, as I pulled the door open.

"Leaving. You obviously need your space. I shouldn't have came here." I told him. I felt tears welling up in the back of my eyes.

"Why would you say that?" he said, getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"Because... I heard you and that guy talking downstairs. You have plenty of options besides me.  Your just wasting your time."

A sympathetic look washed over his face. He rubbed a hand over his waves and sighed. I looked him in the eyes and could tell that he was just as frustrated as I was.

"I've told you this before Promise. Yea I got other girls that I can hit up. But I don't even want them. I want you. I told you I gave you that week to decide what you wanted... You still never gave me your answer." he explained, looking at me.

He was right. I never did give him my answer because I was too wrapped up in Aj's spell. I had forgot all about that. It's my fault that all of this is happening right now. I leaned back against the door and closed my eyes.

"If you don't wanna be with me just say it. I'm not gonna look at you any different. We could still be friends." Amir pursed.

Friends... Hell no.