2.6

"So my mother wants to meet you." Ashton said as they sat in the cafeteria for lunch. Ara raised an eyebrow.

"You're mother wants to meet me?" She asked, skeptically. He laughed.

"Yeah. She said and I quote, 'I want to meet the girl who's saved my family and tamed my son.'" He explained. Ara laughed, and leaned into him.

"Does this mean you've gone soft?" She asked. He shook his head.

"No," he scoffed. "I'm not soft." Ara rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say." She said.

"So what do you say? Are you up for meeting my mother?" He asked.

"Sure, why not." She said.

"Great. I'll pick you up at six." He said. Ara smiled. Ashton leaned into her side, playing with her hair.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing." He mumbled. He kissed her forehead.

"Yeah, you're soft." She said with a light laugh.

"Am not!"

"Are to."

Ara stood in front of the mirror completely frustrated. She stared down at her outfit and cried out. Teddy stuck his head in the door. "Why are you angry?"

"Because I'm being ridiculous. I shouldn't be freaking out but I am!"

"Wait why are you freaking out?"

"I'm meeting Ashton's mother." She sighed.

"Aw, that's cute." Teddy laughed. She glared at him.

"Just help me." She sighed.

"Fine, um . . . wait, I got it, but it's slightly depressing." He said. Ara raised a brow. "You could wear the dress you wore to mum's funeral . . ." he suggested. Ara thought.

"Yeah, that would work." She said finally. She dug through her closet until she found the black dress. "Thanks Teddy."

"No problem."

Ara did once last check in the mirror before grabbing her phone and heading downstairs. Liam did a double take as she stepped into the room. "Well don't you look fancy." Cat said, smiling.

"Thanks." Ara mumbled.

"What's the occasion?" Aaron asked.

"She's going to her boyfriend's." Liam replied. Ara flushed.

"He's not my boyfriend." She stated.

"Sure, because friends kiss each other all the time." Teddy said in passing.

"Shut it!" She said, shoving him.

"Wait, what?" Liam said. The doorbell rang than, making Ara sigh.

"Saved by the bell." She headed for the door, opening.

Ashton's eyes widened when he saw her. His mouth hung open slightly, making her laugh. She closed it. "You'll catch flies doing that." She said. Ashton cleared his throat, looking away.

"You look nice." He said, taking in her appearance.

"Thanks."

"You ready to go?" He asked. She nodded.

"Be back for 11:00!" Liam shouted as she shut the door. Ara rolled her eyes and Ashton laughed. The two of them walked down the road, and at one point, Ara grabbed hold of his hand, lacing their fingers together. He glanced at her.