Chapter 7 *Keeping Secrets?!

Okay, so since I left the last chapter on a mean cliffhanger; and it's my Sweet Sixteenth birthday in five days, I thought I'd upload like the awesome person I am :P

Enjoy my fellow Cookie Lovers :D

Ps - If you don't love cookies you need to find out about local mental institutions :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: Elizabeth ::

Max loved me. Alex could be gay.

"Liz!" Leah called, finally catching up to me as I slumped onto the hood of my Bug. I didn't know whether to cry, laugh, or what i really wanted to do: run up to Max and kiss Max so hard it would make me dizzy-

"No,"

"No what?" Leah asked.

"Nothing," I hastily changed subject.

"No, something's up." Katie said. "Alex and Max's secret, okay. That shocked me. What's wrong- oh, my God," She gasped, looking from me to Leah, then back to me again as realisation dawned onto her face.

She put her hand on her chest in shock. "Max loves you, and thinks you dot know it. And you love him, but he doesn't know it either."

I nodded silently.

"Liz!" Max called from the house.

"I can't face him now I know," I mumbled, running a hand through my hair.

"He doesn't have to know you know," Katie mused, grinning again as her eyes brightened with another idea.

"What-?"

"Liz, Max is coming. Pretend you don't know," Leah hissed in my ear, as Max and Alex came jogging up a few moments later.

"Hey," Max smiled encouragingly at me.

"Hey," I mumbled, then half-smiled back.

"What's wrong?"

"Needed some air," I replied, my voice slightly shaky.

"You gunna be okay?"

I nodded, pursing my lips.

"Umm, 'Kay. Come back inside when you're feeling better,"

I nodded again, and the boys walked back inside. I exhaled in relief.

:: Max ::

"Does she know?" Alex asked, checking up on mum again.

"No way. Apparently she was feeling slightly off at school,"

"She was fine in tutor, when she used Jake's Facebook." He grinned.

I smirked at the memory. "Yeah, she was getting her mind off it, and she didn't want everyone bombarding her with 'are you okay?' type thing. Just a cold, I think," I shrugged.

He nodded thoughtfully, pulling out a tablet from the white box in his hand.

I was about to ask where he got the box from, but he stopped me by putting the tablet into some water. It dissolved, and he put it on the table next to her.

"Vitamins," He answered my unspoken question.

I nodded in understanding.

He had a point. Jeez, being gay had its' advantages.

:: Elizabeth ::

I walked back towards the house with Katie and Leah.

"Oh, God," I ran a hand through my straightened hair.

"What?" Katie asked.

"I've got Max's sleepover tonight. What am I gunna do?" I said, as we stepped into the house.

"Tell Max you like him back?" Leah suggested with a shrug of her shoulders.

"No!" I protested. "I can't do that!"

:: Max ::

"Max's gunna find put sooner or later," Leah said.

Find out what?

"Well, I prefer later." Liz mumbled.

"Liz, for the love of God, just tell him." Katie said, her voice frustrated. "It's been, what, ten years since you first fell in love with Max-"

"Shh!" Liz hissed, pushing the girls up the stairs.

"Looks like you have a secret lover, Max," Alex grinned knowingly at me, putting the vitamins back into the cupboard.

I couldn't move. Liz loved me too? For, what did Katie say? Ten years?

She kept this huge secret from me all this time without me knowing?