the maze [Part 2]

Part 2. Chapter 3.

[3]

The sun beamed through the gaps in the hedges and we all woke slowly. I sat up and looked around seeing someone was missing. "Where's Ricky?"

"What?" Billy sat up and scanned us. "Aw bloody hell, the idiot" He busted out of the hedges.

"You have to be quiet, the other teams" I called after him but he was already away.

"We can't get split up again" Said Naomi.

"Let's just stay here until they come back" Katie whispered to her "it'll be ok".

"But we're exposed here, if another team walks past they'll know we're here and we don't have any weapons."

"Don't worry" said Kyle stirring from his sleep "I'll smash their heads in" Naomi grinned at him and lay back down. I looked at him unconvinced.

"I really will" he said sitting up to face me.

It had been quite a long time now and I was getting quite worried. Where could they be? I stepped out of the hedge and saw Billy hurrying back with Ricky behind him, they were arguing. "You're an idiot, what if you'd been killed or lost?"

"Then I would have been killed or lost" Snapped Ricky "Anyway I have what we all need". I saw that Ricky held something in his left hand. It was a sword. He held a bow and some arrows in his right. I smiled.

"Ricky has weapons" I shouted to the rest and they joined me outside. Now they were a little closer I could see he had another sword on his back. He also had a rucksack. Billy looked angry but I could tell he was happy about the weapons.

"Yes!" said Katie.

"Here you have that Billy" Said Ricky giving him one of the swords. He kept the other. "You can have this" He said giving me the bow and arrow, I took it and put the arrows over my shoulder in my rucksack.

"What about me?" said Kyle who had just joined us.

"You'll have to find something on the way" Ricky sniggered and gave Katie the rucksack he found. Kyle scowled at him and tried to persuade Billy he didn't need the sword. "You have big hands, you can use them for fighting" He said.

"I don't think so" Billy Chuckled.

"But what if I get lost? Then I won't have a weapon"

"What if I get lost then?"

"Like I said you have your hands" Billy laughed at him. "Well why should you have it?"

"Cuz I'm younger then you and I need to be protected more"

"Then I should give it to Rowan" Billy gave Rowan his sword and laughed at Kyle "He's younger then you"

"Yeah but Rowan is too young to wield a sword"

"Oh, I see Kyle"

"I'm just the right age"

"I can wield a sword" Said Rowan swinging it around and around, stabbing the air.

"Don't be silly Rowan, no you can't" Kyle groaned and playfully punched Billy on the shoulder. I was walking up front with the girls as the argument continued.

"Open the rucksack and see what's in there" Said Keera to Katie. She took it off her shoulder and threw it at Keera.

"Take it easy" She said, as she opened it. We all looked in at once and bumped heads.