The Maze [part 10]

[11]

Ricky had grabbed hold of my waist and was now pulling me off down the maze, Faun was running behind looking back every so often to check that team 3 wasn't chasing us. I looked back and saw that the others had joined Kyle. They watched us run off into the distance before picking him up.

"Ricky, Ricky stop" He stopped and removed his hands from my waist. I turned round to face him. Faun had kept running for a bit before she saw us standing still.

"I think we should go back"

"What? Why? cuz of Kyle?"

"No" I said as I tipped my head slightly "They could...." Faun screamed and I turned to face her, 3 people stood around her with their weapons to her throat.

"No" I said holding out my hand "Don't hurt her". They smiled madly and before I could speak again they slashed their weapons at her throat. Blood dripped from her neck and she slumped to the ground, eyes wide open. I gasped and grabbed onto Ricky's arm to steady myself. Faun lay motionless in front of her murderers; they were still smiling madly which made me uneasy. I looked away from her body and concentrated on the 3 big threats towering over her. They all threw themselves at us and we raised our weapons. Ricky smiled at me "Bye". A tear sprinted down my cheek, I might not survive this. "Bye" I said and together we ran at the three mad murderers. I slashed at the girl while Ricky frantically tried to stab the two boys that were almost upon him. We were at a disadvantage this time. I threw the knife on the ground and pulled out my gun but before I could shoot the girl plowed into me making me fall and drop it. I reached for it desperately but she swiped it before I even got close. She pointed and pressed the trigger. I closed my eyes tightly waiting for the bullet to hit my head, but hearing a clicking noise I opened them and looked up at the girl.

"No bullets left" She said before tossing it in the bush. I looked up to her trying to hide how scared I was, but she knew and she smiled down at me. Ricky was thrown down next to me by the two boys and now all three of them stared down at us.

"Oh bollocks" Ricky whispered, I looked at him and saw he was looking at his sword lying in the mud in front of us. He didn't dare snatch it from under the 3 pointed swords the others held. It was no longer shiny silver; it was a dull browny red colour. I slipped my hand into Ricky's and squeezed it tight.

"Ok, we're ready R-tard's" said Ricky slowly and miserably. They weren't looking at us anymore, they were looking behind us. Before we looked back a silver sword flew passed our heads and landed in one of the boy's stomach. He waved his arms about at the other two before falling down. The sword had carvings in the side. I could only just read them and I smiled, they said "Die for others and you'll live" I looked around and saw Arran racing up the path with the others behind him. I let out a sigh of relief, I had been saved again. My luck was exceptionally good lately. Ricky kicked the other boy in the leg and lunged for his muddy sword. He also ripped Arran's sword out of the dead boy's stomach and chucked it behind him. I watched it spinning in the air and then landing safely in Arran's hand. The girl threw herself on top of me and scratched me with her sword, it wasn't even enough to draw blood. I grabbed the blade of her sword trying desperately to knock it out of the way. It cut me but I didn't let go, I pushed it away and the girl pushed it back. I pushed it away again and it broke free from the girls clutch. She rolled off me crawling to her sword which lay to the side of us, it gave me enough time to stand up and grab Ricky from off the floor. She bolted back round to find that we had sprinted off towards the rest of our team. The other boy was on the floor clutching his leg.

"I stabbed him" Said Ricky. The girl let out a tired grunt as she helped him up. They bolted down the maze before we could catch them. I shook my hand spraying a few drops of blood on the ground. When we reached the rest of the group we fell silent for a while.