Sam: In Love at Last. ~Mary

Have you ever been stuck in the mind of a third grader when it comes to love? Because they were. They grew up next door to each other and have been in love forever but have never really been more than friends. Stuck in their third grade minds where you throw little pieces of paper at someone and beat the living sh*t out of them with a dodge ball to show you care. Where you call each other names, but not sweet ones like "Honey" and "Cutie", mean ones like "Asshole" or "Idiot". This is where they were stuck, this is where they had been stuck for a very long time. But what will happen when graduating high school? They have to man up. Once their love has been unfolded they join the rest of their friends at an end of the year party. But what will happen when a few too many drinks get them into trouble? Will they have ended up together just to have one gone forever?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Mary-

                 As I took my seat next to Sam our hands brushed together and my face went brick red. I looked at him. He showed no emotion, it was as though it never happened, as though he hadn’t noticed, as though he couldn’t feel it, as though it’s not important! In the end of this inner battle with myself about our hands touching I decided to ignore it and began a gusting my blue cap and robe. My robe was wrinkled and I had to stand momentarily as I fixed it. On my way back down to my seat, I tripped on the hem of my robe, it took me tumbling down. Where? You might as. Well, of course, into Sam's lap.

                  "Whoa." He said "Listen, I know I’m hot but try not to throw yourself at me. Okay?

                  I scoffed and took to my own seat "You wish."

                  "Yeah," he said quietly.

                  "What?" I asked, now his face went brick rick.

                  "Nothing." he mumbled looking away.

                 I was about to say something when our principles voice came on over the microphone.

                 "Sorry for the delay everyone. We were just having a few technical difficulties. Now let’s get right down to what we came here for. Graduation." And then he started the ceremony. When he called Sam’s name he strode up the steps, took his papers, then whispered something in the principles ear.

                  "Very well." said the principle

                   Sam stood in front of the microphone, smiled at all of us and said "I’m going to miss my time here. Miss it so much I wrote you all a little poem. Goodbye students, goodbye class, all you teachers can kiss my-" before he could finish the principle shoved him out of the way. Everyone was erupting in laughter.

                    "That’s quite enough. Thank you, Mr. Bradley." he said looking at Sam "Now if we can all pull ourselves together we can move on." he called my name and I whipped a tear of laughter from my eye before going up there. I shook his hand and waved at my mom, and then I walked off stage and took my place next to Sam.

                    "You’re an idiot." I said, he shrugged "Your mom’s going to kill you." he smiled "I’m going to kill you." he frowned.

                    "You?" he asked

                    "Yes me."

                    "You’re so small, though."

                    "I’m not small your just big." I protested