Chapter 5

Renesmee’s POV

Stupid therapy, stupid dad, making me feel all guilty. I got out of that room as soon as possible, crying along the way. I walked down the hallway, not taking notice to where I was going. I heard Jacob following me, but I didn’t stop. I saw the sign for the restroom and turned into it. I went to the wall and slumped down to the floor. Normally, I would find that gross, but I was too upset. I cried right there on the floor when I heard someone walk in. I looked up to see Jacob. “Are you okay?” he asked. What, no I’m not okay. I’m crying on the bathroom floor.

“Dude, this is the girl’s restroom you know.” I smiled a bit and he did, too. He walked over to me and easily pulled me up off the floor.

“I’m sorry, Renesmee. This is my fault.”

“What? No it’s not, Jake. Don’t say that, because it is obviously my fault.”

“No, it’s my fault, because I should be nicer around Edward, not provoke him.”

“Dad should try and listen more. It is my and your lives, not his.”

“Ness, he is still your father.”

“So you’re siding with him now? Well that’s just great, really Jake.”

“Look, Ness. I’m not siding with anyone. You’re my imprint and he is my imprint’s father, and I cannot take sides.”

“Sure you can, because you can’t obviously have it both ways.”

“Why?”

“Why? Because Dad doesn’t like us being together.”

“No, Ness. He just isn’t too excited about it. He needs time to get used to it.”

“Well, how much time?”

“I don’t know. Maybe we should just slow down until then, huh?”

“Jacob.”

“Ness, please.” I went up to him and kissed him. He didn’t kiss back at first, but then gave in. He grabbed my back and pulled me close to him. I didn’t notice when Aunt Alice came in. She stood in the doorway and cleared her throat. Jacob pulled back and turned around.

“Oh no, please, continue. It’s not like the rest of us have to go to therapy. You guys can just stay here.”

“Sorry Aunt Alice. I was upset and I came here and then Jacob came and…”

“Oh, I’m not upset. You guys are so cute. I was sent to come and get you. We’re therapying in groups now, and it’s us girls first. You coming?”

“Um, yeah. See you Jake.”

“Yeah.” Aunt Alice and I walked back to the lobby where everyone else was. Uncle Emmett was trying to talk to Aunt Rose, but she was faced the other way with her arms crossed. Grandpa was talking to Dad and Grandma was talking to Mom. Mom got up and came other to me when we walked in. She gave me a quick hug and looked at me.

“Are you okay. I was worried.”

“Yeah Mom, I’m fine. Just calm down.”

“Okay. Are you sure you’re fine?”

“Yeah.”

“Dr. Andrews will see you now,” the blonde secretary said. Mom, Aunt Alice, Aunt Rose, and I went back to the room. We only sat at one side of the table this time.

“Welcome back. I have made a list of issues I would like to address.” Yay. “I would like to talk about each of you, but I’m going to start with Rosalie.”