Chapter 9- "It's time for the truth"

That feeling you get when you walk up to your teacher,who is too busy checking math tests to notice,and you know you're about to tell her something that could certainly get you and your friends into major trouble.And when she finally asks you what the matter is,you have no idea what to say and your mind has gone completely blank and all you can think is "I can't breathe"  

That's exactly what Niall felt like just then.

He stood before the girls,unnoticed and like a shadow.Only Kate had acknowledged his presence,and even she was watching and waiting.Wondering what his first move would be.

Despite his oh-so-heroic action to fix everything,Niall had absolutely no idea what he was supposed to do. He glanced back at Liam,who was standing still with his hands in his pockets.Liam had decided that there was no point in stopping Niall now.Even though he was making a big mistake.

So Niall turned around towards the screaming girls,who were still fighting over something petty.He took a deep breath.

"Girls," he said slowly. "Um can i say something? he said as he tapped Zahra's shoulder.

Unfortunately,this didn't catch their attention.

"Girls! Hullo...Can I have your attention?" he said louder,making his Irish accent as thick as possible.He thought it would get the screaming girls to notice his presence .But still nothing.They were just too loud and engrossed to pay any attention .By now,Kate had gotten very fed up with the whole situation.It was driving her mad to look at how Niall was trying so meekly to get her rabid friends attention.So she once again,did the first thing that came to her mind.

She slapped both her best friends right across the face at the same time.

This seemed to stop their jabber.

Niall stared with complete and utter shock at what had just happened.He was just as surprised and confused as the other two girls.Wow.Kate had been doing alot of 'Bitch Slapping' today...

"What the hell?!" Both the girls said,hands at their red cheeks and angry eyes diverted towards Kate.But instead of being intimidated by the both of them,she without a word,pointed sharply in Niall's direction.

This time the girls finally obeyed and looked behind them.Right at Niall.The seconds seemed to stretch on for hours as both Zahra and Noor turned their heads up to look at Niall.He was much more taller than him so they had to face upwards to get a better look at his face.Niall figured that all he could do now was patiently stand and wait for whatever was about to happen.

"Nathan what...what's going on? Zahra began to say.But then a frown appeared o her face.Like she saw before her was a flawed image.She blinked her eyes several times,still frowning.Was she seeing things?Was she somehow in the same strange trance as Kate?Because the boy she saw in front of her was not some strange American adolescent.It was Niall Horan.And that was not possible.

But when she turned to look at Noor,she knew this was'nt just her crazy imagination.

Noor had gone completely silent.Her muscles had tensed and her breath was stuck in her throat.Her mouth was open in a wide oval and her eyes revealed no emotions.At all.Her face was totally blank but inside her chest,her heart was pounding so hard that she could hear its rapid beat in her head.The noise of her own heart muddled her thoughts and she couldn't think straight.She suddenly felt light on her feet,as if the whole ground was spinning wildly beneath her.She realized that she felt so woozy because her breath had been held in for too long.She let in a deep breath of oxygen and closed her eyes tightly.Her entire body started shaking vigorously.

She opened her eyes ad Niall saw two things in them.

Confusion.And hope.

"Oh my God Niall?" She suddenly screamed loudly.