Epilogue

I laid in bed as another contraction tore through my body. I tensed and squeezed Titus's hand harder than ever before. I wanted to kill him for getting me pregnant. I was never doing this shit again.

Never. Again.

"Just breathe, Lizzy," he said calmly.

I shot him a glare that told him to shut his fucking mouth because he had no idea how painful this was. It was too late to demand an epidural and even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have gotten one.

"Alright, Liz," Anne said as she sat at the end of the bed, between my legs, "It looks like you're ready to start pushing. On three. One. Two. Three."

I pushed with all my might but it hurt so bad. I felt tears running down my face as I tried to listen to Titus.

"Come on, Liz," Anne encouraged.

I took a deep breath and started to push again.

For hours, we went on that way. I pushed, very little happened, and I cried but I kept at it.

"Just a couple more," Titus encouraged.

I had to commend the man on his patience with me. After all, I was being a psychotic bitch but I had a free pass. My pregnancy wasn't exactly easy and I had been damn near bedridden for the past two months. My blood pressure was all over the place and we had a couple close calls but it looked like I was going to be able to deliver naturally.

I held onto Titus's hands so tightly I thought I might have broken his fingers but he never complained. He just kept up with the calming words and held my hands.

"One more," Anne said.

I took a deep breath and pushed as hard as I possibly could. Sweat rolled down my neck with the exertion but that was nothing new.

I was rewarded with the sound of a baby wailing; I slumped back on the bed, breathing deeply. I was still in pain but I wanted to hold my baby. Titus and I had agreed to not know the gender so it would be a surprise.

Anne cleared the baby's airways and wrapped it in a warm blanket. She smiled at me and handed our baby to Titus.

"Congratulations. You have a boy."

A boy. I rolled my head to look up at Titus as he sat next to me. He passed our son to me as he lightly smiled.

Anne left the room with the promise to send in Christian. I think Christian was more excited than anyone to have a sibling and I knew he would be beyond thrilled to have a brother. I won't deny that I was skeptical at first; I thought Christian was going to be angry but he was excited.

As if on cue, Christian timidly walked in the room. His eyes never left the bundle in my arms as he climbed over to sit on Titus's lap.

"Ready to meet your brother?" Titus asked quietly.

Christian nodded and leaned over a little more.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked.

Christian shook his head instantly.

"You won't hurt him," I assured.

He looked skeptical but agreed. I carefully put him on Christian's lap while Titus placed Christian's hands in the proper way to support the baby's head.

"Hi, Cade," Christian greeted.

Cade just looked around, not focusing his blue eyes on anything in particular. He looked like a perfect cross between Titus and myself but I was concerned about his genetic composition. He was pale, like me and I was terrified he was not a full wolf. What if he was a true hybrid? How would we handle that? We would have to keep him well protected.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Three months later:

I walked into my office, greeted by Macy unexpectedly. It was my first week back at work and honestly, I wasn't sure I wanted to be here. I wanted to be with Cade and Christian but here I was.

"Hey, Macy," I said.

She smiled lightly at me, "How are you?"

I nodded, "I'm well. Just wish I was at home. How are you?"

"I'm okay...John and I are divorcing."

I was shocked to say the least. She didn't seem upset at all. In fact, she seemed a little relieved.

"And you're okay with that?" I asked carefully.

She nodded eagerly, "I found my mate."

I felt my face light up at her news! I couldn't have been happier for her but it was sad to see her marriage end.

"Congratulations! How did John take it?"

"He was upset but he understood. He just wants me to be happy. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all your help."

"Are you leaving?"

She nodded, "I'm going to his pack."

"Well, I'll miss you. Make sure to come visit."

She hugged me, "I will, Liz. Thank you."

I hugged her back tightly for a moment before she released me and left with a small wave and a smile on her face.