Chapter 1

Author's Note: My first zombie story, and before you say anything or you're thinking "Whaaaat?", the reason they have cell phones is because of a generator. Remember, this is a few years after the zombie Apocalypse actually takes place, so they've pretty much got most of their shit in order. Renegade 13 is stationed right next to an old telephone pole, as is every other major town. Mmmk. Any other questions, ideas, etc. Comment, inbox me. I know someone is reading this hehe. Though there are few. K. Vote, follow, all that good stuff. And also, if you're reading, if we ever were to pick teams for dodgeball, I'd pick you first. Coz you're awesomeee. Just sayin'.

Neon.

Chapter 1

There are two types of people out there. One of those types of people are the normal people, the ones trying to survive in this hellhole. The second and most common type of people are the ghouls (also known as zombies). They rule the earth now. Sad, but true. The dumbest, most asinine group of people are the ones runnin' this joint. Some of them are actually quite lucid. They have most of their human intelligence, but that is definitely a rare form...which brings me to my next point.

There are different subgroups of these groups, as are there subgroups of those subgroups.

But right now the only thing that concerns me are the subgroups of the original groups I was talking about earlier.

...Anyways...

The subgroups of the normal people are split into two groups. There are good people, and there are bad people. Most fall into the latter category, but honestly that's how it's always been.

Ghouls also divide into two categories.

The first one: Braindead, flesh-eating assholes that stagger around like they're sleep-walking. And the second one: the "cured".

The phrase "cured" is loosely worded, of course. By that, I mean slightly more alive. They're not braindead (they have an above-average intelligence), they're not ugly (they look like gods in, er, sorta human form), they're super fast (but they're clumsy and stiff as hell, most of them), crazy strong, and some have what you could call 'super powers'. The only zombie-like quality other than the stiff movements are their emotionless eyes and faces.

This is a rare zombie- there's maybe one of these to every ten-thousand normal zombies, and even rarer are the ancients.

This is my subgroup. I'm an ancient, also known as an oldy. I was one of the select few who were approached by the Big Man In Purple. I chose to be like this. I brought about the zombie Apocalypse. With the help of Mr. Purple, of course.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm just an ordinary person, living an ordinary life. I'm like everybody else, I suppose. I like music, good food, video games, soap operas. I even talk to ordinary people.

Others would disagree about me being normal, but it depends on your definition of the word. It doesn't really matter when you live here, in Renegade 13.

Here, the Cured walk the streets as they run errands, good people sell food in the market-place, bad people use ghouls as target practice in the arenas, and I blend in, trying to hide what I really am.

My best friend borderlines on good and bad; she has a normal job (she's a gardener who produces vegetables for the people of Renegade 13), but she battles ghoul after ghoul in the arena for extra cash. To everyone else, I'm just a highly skilled fully emotionally functioning Cured, but to her, I'm an Oldy. I'd be bombarded for blood (Oldy bloody cures Ghouls), so it's best that I pretend to be slightly more normal. She thinks my decision is a bit ridiculous, but it's my life, not hers.