Chapter 12

The last few days with Liam have been amazing. Besides Liam going in to work a few hours one day we have been together constantly. I've learned so much about him and his life. Today we're going to Disneyland with his family and I’m like a little kid myself as I get ready as quickly as possible so we can leave. 

I decide to wear a pair of comfortable dark blue jeans, a light purple long sleeved sweater, and a pair of running shoes. I want to make sure I’m comfortable today because I know we're going to be walking around all day. I decide against pulling my hair up because I want to wear my ears that Liam got me. I put a rubber band around my wrist just in case I change my mind later. 

I also decide not to wear makeup, I’ve never worn much of it anyway and I don't feel like putting effort into it right now. I leave the bathroom and find Liam in the living room slipping on his shoes. "Ready!" I announce as I grab my brown satchel off the table. 

Liam grabs my waist before I can reach the door and pulls me close to him. He leans down to bring his lips to mine for a small kiss that still brings butterflies to my stomach. "Today's going to be fun. My mom text me this morning and said that Ethan has been up since 5:30 and asks her every ten minutes if it's time to go." He has a smile on that melts my heart and I let out a small laugh. 

"Well we better get going then, we don't want to make him wait any longer!" I actually don't want to wait any longer either, I’ve never been to Disneyland before and I’m excited to act like a big kid there. I don't want Liam to see how excited I am though, he'd make sure to tease me for it. 

When we pull up to Karen's house Ethan is looking out the window waiting for us. As soon as he sees our car he leaves the window and is outside seconds later. "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND. THAT MEANS WE GET TO SEE MICKEY AND GO ON ALL THE RIDES AND SEE THE FIREWORKS" Ethan jumps around the yard before getting into the car. It's so cute to see how excited he is, I’ve never really been around kids before because I’m an only child. 

Karen walks out minutes later with a booster seat for Ethan and a backpack that looks full. Liam gets out of the car and takes the booster seat and places it in the back, strapping it into place as if he's done it a thousand times before; he probably has. I get out and Karen greets me with open arms. "Hi sweetheart!" I love that she calls me things like 'sweetheart' and 'hun' they make me feel like she really likes me. 

I wrap my arms around her and she gives me a tight squeeze. Ethan is already buckled into his booster seat and yelling at us to get in the car so we can leave. "Payton sit in the back with me!"  I laugh and climb into the back with him. "Liam let's go, let's go!" Ethan is yelling again and Karen tries to hold a stern face and scold him for yelling in the car but fails. He looks way too cute with his mickey ears on.

As we pass through the gates into Disneyland it's like the magic is flowing through me and I instantly have a huge smile on my face. It's thankfully not too cold today so my light sweater is perfect. As I look in front of me there is a huge mickey face made out of flowers and is absolutely gorgeous. I feel Liam's arm around my waist. "You ready for a busy day?" 

Before I can answer I feel a small hand wrap around mine. "Come on Payton let’s go!'' I get pulled to the right and as we walk through the alcove I can see a huge Christmas tree and a lane of shops that fill the surrounding area. "Look there's Mickey!" I get pulled into the direction of the character and wait in the short line to take a picture with him. As soon as it's Ethan's turn he runs up to mickey and gives him a hug. 

I love seeing him so happy. I look over to Liam who is taking a picture of the two of them, he has a huge smile on and so does Karen. I can already tell this is going to be a good day.