Help please

I entered the hospital room, feeling my heart cringe as I saw Aubrey all over again, broken and vulnerable. It's gonna take some time to help her with learning everything she did before.

"Hey, Justin. The doctor came back in when you were gone. He said Bre needs to stay here for another day before going back home." Landon stated.

"She's in no condition to be going back home." I said, shaking my head.

"I know. That's what I told him, but he just said she'd be alright."

"Whatever."

"I hope you know I'm over here." Aubrey laughed, speaking up from the hospital bed.

I looked over and sighed, giving her a small smile. She smiled back lightly, the same smile I fell in love with. She still makes me melt. Oh, gosh. She's got me wrapped around her finger without even knowing it.

Man, I really wish I never told her we were just best friends. I'm gonna end up kissing her. Then she might get upset like when I tried to hold her down. She doesn't know me. She doesn't love me...

"Justin, it's alright, baby. It might not be permanent." my mom said, quietly, so Aubrey couldn't hear.

"Yeah, but what if it is?I may not ever be able to call her mine again." I stated, my voice cracking. I can't even think about it. She rubbed my shoulder soothingly, while I laid my head on hers, silently crying.

"Things will get better." she promised.

I sighed and walked out of my mothers hold to sit back in the chair I've been sitting in for like,a year. Of course, that was an exaggeration. It just felt like forever when it's someone you really care about because you just miss them so freaking much. I never knew it would hurt this much if I lost Aubrey. I knew I'd be depressed, but the pain in my heart is unbearable. I can feel my heart crumbling to pieces, like when you pick up a piece of cake and it just falls apart. That's what would happen if you'd try and pick up my heart right now. I would fall apart.

I sat in the chair, my elbow rested on the chair. I ran my other hand through my hair and I let out a breath that I've been holding in for a while. The doors opened up and Chaz walked in with his girlfriend, Jessie, and Ryan Butler.

"Bre." Chaz smiled walking up to her.

I silently shook my head but he didn't see. I inwardly cursed as he enveloped her in a light hug.

"How's my best friends favorite girl?" he asked, smiling.

I coughed loudly and got his attention, and everybody else's in the room.

I looked at him with wide eyes, while shaking my head 'no'.

"What do you mean no?" he asked laughing. "What's going on-"

"Chaz, can I talk to you alone out of the room? You guys come, too." I replied, referring to Jessie and Ryan.

We got out of the hospital room and I closed the door softly, making sure we don't interrupt anyone around us.

"Dude, what is your deal?" Ryan asked.

"Aubrey lost her memory." I stated, looking down, so they couldn't see the tear that fell from my face.

"Quit joking, Bieber. Seriously." Chaz smirked.

I looked up and they all turned serious as they got a better look at how red and puffy my eyes looked.

"You're serious?" Jessied asked, her green eyes watering as the news finally hit her.

"Yeah, when she woke up... uh, she started freaking out. She doesn't remember anything. She doesn't remember me..." I muttered, choking up.

"I'm sorry, man." Chaz said, giving me a hug. He patted me on the back twice and let go. I sighed, controlling my breathing.

"That's rough." Ryan sighed. He was pretty emotional, too. She's like his little sister.

"You guys. We've got to help her. The doctor said it might not be permanent. Maybe just awhile." I exclaimed, rubbing my face with the back of my hand.

"Yeah, whatever it is to help Aubrey." Jessie said, sniffling a bit. We walked back into the room and Chaz, Ryan, and Jessie walked up to Bre cautiously. I went back in my original spot and pulled my seat up close to the bed.

"Aubrey, hey. I'm Chaz. One of your best friends." he smiled, slightly, holding his hand out to shake. She took it carefully and shook it slowly.

"I'm Ryan. Your other best friend and you love me the most." he smirked, being his usual cocky self. I rolled my eyes and Jessie walked up, sitting on the edge of the bed sheets.

"Hey, I'm Jessie. I'm your other best friend."

Bre giggled slightly, making me smile.

"I have a lot of best friends, don't I?" she asked, looking around.

I laughed slightly and everybody nodded. I watched and listened to them talk for awhile. Sitting in my seat, I thought about everything I was going to miss about Aubrey. Her real laugh. Her real smile. Yeah, she is doing those things, but they aren't her. At all. I miss her so much. In fact, almost too much. It's not healthy.

Our friends finally left and it was just me, Aubrey, and Landon. Our mom's went home to rest in their own beds. I refuse to leave Aubrey's side.

I finally noticed how quiet everything was. I looked up and saw Bre fast asleep. Gosh, she's so gorgeous. Beautiful. Stunning. Even her hair isn't the way she wants it. Even wehen bruises caress her arms and face. She's still breath taking.

Landon sat at his seat, looking at his phone. He's usually not this quiet...

"What's up, man?" I asked.

He looked up and shrugged, pointing his finger at his phone.

"My phone is blowing up." he muttered.

"With what?" I questioned, confused. "It's like twelve at night."

"It's just people saying how they're praying for Aubrey, me, you, our families. They're all thinking about us." he exclaimed, smiling softly.

I nodded my head in understandment and he sighed getting up, pacing the room.

"Nothing is going to be the same. She's lost her memory for good. I can feel it. These doctors need to go back to school. They don't know crap." he mumbled, rubbing his hands together. "If I saw the son of a gun who almost killed my sister, I'd beat him till he was sober again."

"Dude, what would happen if Aubrey heard you say that?" I asked.

"Aubrey's not here anymore is she? That girl in the bed is definitely not my sister." he blurted, raising his voice.

I looked toward Aubrey and she was still fast asleep.

"She's still Aubrey and Aubrey is still your sister. We've got to help her. Give her some photos, show her vidoes to see if any of it jogs her memory. It's not permanent."

"It could be! The doctor's said so!" he whisper-yelled.

"The doctors don't know crap, you said so yourself." I shot back.

He sighed and sat back down in his seat, giving up. I rubbed my face with my hands and leaned back, closing my eyes.

A couple minutes later, I felt my concious drift off and I finally fell asleep