Chapter 6

Lindsey's Pov 

As soon as I touched his hand I got a weird tingling sensation. I was like I felt small shock waves beneath me skin. I pulled away quickly and gave him a confused look.

"So ummm I'll see you around" I said nervously. 

"I guess so" he said giving me a puzzled look. I could tell he wanted to say something else but he walked out closing the door. 

"What the hell was that?"  I thought to myself sitting down. I quickly finished up and went upstairs to my room. Clearly lack of sleep was making things weird around here. 

The next morning I woke up and did my routine after getting some breakfast and heading to school. The first person I ran into just happened to be Kascy.

"Hey Kascy" I said greeting her. 

"Her girl what's up?"

"Nothing really" I said shrugging putting my backpack in my locker. 

"How is life as an alpha treating you?" she asked. We hadn't really had much time to talk since my Dad left and I knew she was concerned about me since the pack meeting.

"Fine" I said nonchalantly. I knew what she really wanted to ask me I was just waiting on her to come out and say it.

"Come on Lindsey you know what I mean"

"Everything is fine"

"Really?" she said giving me a questioning look. Just like Chase she had a way of seeing right through me. 

"Yep" I said popping the P.

She pulled me to the said away from the crowd.

"I know you're not fine. The fact that his beta as been seen around has to bother you. Talk to me" 

"There is nothing to talk about. I've taken all the necessary precautions and if the time comes I will deal with him. I felt guilty at first but I don't anymore" she gave me a confused look before turning it into a smirk.

"You talked to Chasin didn't you?" she said excitedly. 

"What? I have no idea what you're talking about" 

"Come on Lindsey I know you. You would have still been beating yourself up and running border patrol like crazy working yourself to the ground if you hadn't" She knew me too well. No no one else besides her knew about me and Chasin's little chats and even she didn't know about most of them. 

'Okay fine. He came to the office last night to ask about some extra training and he just flat out asked me how I was. No big deal" she squealed and I shushed her. She would draw attention as loud as she was. 

"I knew it. Your always more relaxed after you talk to him. That is so sweet he was concerned. He so has a major crush on you"

"Will you stop saying that. We're just friends" Something about saying those words didn't sit right with me but I wasn't about to tell her that. She would only say I liked him too and that was just, no.

"Whatever. Anyway what do you want to do for your birthday?" she said smiling. My eighteenth birthday was in a few days and that's also when I was supposed to meet my mate. 

"I don't know I really haven't thought about it" I told her honestly. It was true. Apart from the whole mate thing and me becoming an adult I really didn't know how I wanted to celebrate.

"Are you kidding me? You haven't thought about it?" she said outraged. I just shrugged and shook my head. 

"Well you have to have a party. You're turning eighteen it's a must so don't even try to talk your way out of it" I internally groaned. I didn't want some huge party but there was no other way then over the top when it came to Kascy. The bell rang and we both headed off to class.