Chapter 3

Chasin's Pov

I ran back to the smaller house behind the pack house where the omegas lived. It wasn't  run down or shabby, just a place where we could be ourselves without being bothered. Most of us were ridiculed by the other pack members and didn't want to be around them anymore than necessary so I guess you could say it benefited everyone to isolate us, except for those select few like me who wanted to be treated like everyone else.

I always hated living out here. I guess you could say I was the revolutionary of the bunch. I was more outspoken then the rest. I hated living out here apart from everyone like I had some kind of infectious disease because I wasn't as highly ranked or as strong. I hated getting up every morning and having to do things for people who treated me like crap. It wasn't fair and my opinion was known. Too many times I'd been punished for not complying or being out of order because I refused to do something, mostly by average pack members who felt like they were gifts from the moon goddess herself. Naturally nothing much happened around the higher ranked wolves since they didn't allow us to be mistreated, especially Lindsey.

For some reason no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her off my mind. Everytime I closed my eyes I saw her face. I guess you could say I had a crush, since there's no other way I could describe it.

I wanted her since the first time I laid eyes on her which was when we were kids. I remembered like it was yesterday.

Flashback

"Chasin I said no running in the house" my mother scolded. I was a bit of a misfit as a child and it was hard for her to keep up with me.

"Chasin I said stop it! " she yelled as I ran faster breaking a vase in the process.

"Enough young man. You've done enough now go to your room before I tell your father" I stormed into my room sticking my tongue out at her when I made it around the corner.

My room was small and I didn't have much looking back on it. A car bed, a few toys and a tv aside from a dresser, but it was mine and I loved it. I was one of the more fortunate of the omegas. I had both my parents, a little sister, and the nicest things since most of the others had little to nothing.

My parents didn't allow me around the other kids that were living in the pack house because they didn't want me to feel deprived or inferior. What I didn't know couldn't hurt me. They spent most of their time trying to teach me to be a good omega.

They told me there were rules to be followed. How I should always obey, do as I'm told without question. That I was destined to serve not lead. I asked them why and they told me that it was the way things were destined to be and that I should embrace it. That didn't sit very well with me for some reason. I didn't fully understand so I decided to play along and do what I was told, just my own way and in my own time.

My father came home and laughed when my mother told him about my behavior. She gave him a look that clearly meant he was supposed to pretend to be upset but he couldn't seem to pull it off.

"How is he going to learn to follow orders and accept his fate if you encourage his behavior" she said frowning and shaking her head.

"O Lily he's just being a boy he'll grow out of it. He just doesn't understand right now"

"I still think you should take his behavior more seriously.  If he continues the way he is he'll be defiant and life for him won't ne easy" she insisted.

"I know, you're right but you have to stop worrying he's only a kid. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Want to go out on the playground kiddo?" he said turning to me. I nodded eagerly. It was rare I got to play on the playground since I wasn't allowed to be around the other kids and they mostly crowded it.

"Are you sure that's a good idea. The alpha could be there with their daughter" she worried.

"Nonsense it's Saturday they probably took her and the rest of the kids to an amusement park or something. No one is going to be there"

"Just be careful" she said kissing us both on the cheek.

I ran out the door as fast as my six year old legs could carry me.  My Dad just chuckled and picked me up so I was on his shoulders.

"You're quite the hand full kiddo. You have to start behaving or your going to get us both in trouble"

"I will Daddy"

"That's my big guy"

He put me down and I started to run towards the slide. The playground was huge so I didn't notice the little girl hiding underneath. My Dad had sat down on the bench to read his paper not noticing her either. He would always check on me every few minutes to make sure I was in place and we would play catch before we left. I always obeyed when we were out here because I wanted to come back so he didn't worry about me getting into trouble.

I finally reached the end of the slide  and jumped off. I was about to run for the swings when I saw her. She had her arms cross and she looked like she had been crying. I remembered not liking the thought of her upset.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Who are you?" she asked surprised quickly wiping her tears.

"I'm Chasin. Why were you crying?" I said not even asking her name. I just wanted to help her. Make sure she was okay.

"I'm Lindsey. My Dad has to go away again. I hate when he leaves and he says I can't go with him" she explained.

"It's okay. You can play with me if you want" I said reaching out my hand to help her up. She smiled and took it.

"Okay" she said happily. I smiled glad that she had stopped crying.

My Dad walked over. I guess he noticed I wasn't running around.

"Chasin what are you doing? O my" I didn't understand why his expression suddenly changed.

"Lindsey? Where are you?" I heard someone call. I had only heard that voice once in my life and that was when the owner came to speak to my parents, the alpha.

"Over here Daddy" she answered. That's when I realized she was the alphas daughter. The one I had been taught to stay away from.

"Let her hand go son. Come on we shouldn't here" my Dad said panicking slightly. I tried to do as he said but she wouldn't let go. For some reason that made me happy.

"He's my friend" she looking at my Dad.

The alpha came up and I had never seen anyone so tall and large. I knew now why people were afraid of him.

"What is the meaning of this Robert?" he asked my Dad

"I swear I didn't know anyone was our here alpha" my Dad replied bowing his head in submission the way he had shown me.

"Lindsey come on its time to go"

"But Daddy I want to play with my new friend" she whined.

He looked at the both of us. Her holding my hand and me doing nothing to escape her grasp. I wanted to run but at the same time I was hopping to stay.

"Only for a minute Lindsey. I'll be keeping a close watch on you young man" he said sternly. I gulped and nodded before she pulled me away giggling.

"Come on Chasin lets go to the sandbox"

From that day forward I never wanted to leave her side, I never wanted her to let go of my hand.

End of Flashback

A/N: So tell me what you guys think? I wanted to give a little insight of what Chasin is like and there's more to come. I know I haven't updated in a while but bare with me. Please don't forget to comment and vote so I can get an idea of how you think the story is progressing. I have big plans for so I want to know. Also if anyone out there has an idea for a cover for this one or any of my others please feel free to inbox me and I'll consider them.