8. Precautions

Athan

I don’t have any idea why I did that. I made things awkward for us and the worse part is that she didn’t believe me. Do I really look like I’m fooling around? I have to stay focused on our project and forget feelings for a while. I don’t want to make her feel uneasy around me. Note to self: Don't be in a rush

I went back to my room where Tiara is. I knocked before entering; I don’t want to be rude even if it’s my room. When I didn’t hear any response I decided to come in. I was surprised to see Tiara nowhere.

Where is she? Thoughts came running through my head. I have the feeling that she doesn’t want to be with me because of what I said. I don’t want to loose this chance of getting close to her but I think I blew it all up again. I always do. Why don’t I always act normal around her? It’s so stupid of me telling her how I felt for her when she doesn’t even know me that much yet.

I heard footsteps which interrupted my thoughts. I hope its Tiara. Maybe she just went out to get some fresh air, hopefully. I went out my room to check who it is and I saw her.

“I went out for a while.” She said

I want to know why but instead I didn’t. I don’t have a right interfering with her decisions anyway.

“Shall we go back to your room?” she said

I should act normal and set aside my feelings for her. Maybe things would go better if we could start out as friends. Why was I so impulsive a while ago?

We started our projects. She said that we should make a flowchart of the system first before doing the actual coding. She drew the chart on a scratch paper and when she’s done, she gave it to me and I typed it in the computer.

“You wouldn’t check that?” she asked curiously

“No, I know you’re good at this. I trust you.” I said cheerfully

“Oh, thanks” she said slyly.

“Ath,” she said

I feel tingles whenever she calls my name. I leaned back to see her face, she’s sitting at the corner of my bed.

“Do you smoke?” she asked

I was surprised with her question, why is she asking me this? Well, maybe she just wants to be casual and I don’t have to lie to her. I want her to know my real personality. So I answered with a nod.

“Oh, do you smoke inside your room?” she asked again

“Yes.” I answered while pointing out to the ash tray on the side table.

“Ahh, great. Is it okay if I smoke here also?” she asked cheerfully

I feel like there’s so much more that I don’t know about this girl. I didn’t have any idea that she smokes – not that I hate girls who smokes, I just don’t expect her to be doing that. I guess there’s so much things that I still don’t know about her.

“Are you shocked?” she interrupted my thoughts

“What?” I replied, confused to her question.

“Most people we’re shocked when they found out I was smoking” she said

“Ah, well, yeah.. I was a bit shocked but its okay, you could smoke here.”

“Thanks!”

She offered me a stick of cigar and I accepted it.

I think she feels easy with me now, she can be herself. We talked random things and I’m getting to know her even more. There’s so much more behind those hazel eyes. I could see that she’s not that geeky-weird type of girl at all. In fact, she’s cool.