7. Proofs

I was walking my way to the main gate to meet Athan. I saw him standing there together with a friend. I walked to where they are standing and asked him if he’s ready to do the project. I am trying to remove all the awkwardness between us besides I want us to be friends since we’re group mates, I don’t want to have a hard time doing the project.

He introduced me to his friend, Chuck. So this is the guy who wrote Bianca that letter. In all fairness, he looks better than Nate. I wonder why Bianca doesn’t like him.

“Isn’t your friend with you?” Chuck asked me

“Bianca? I left her and Nate at the hallway.” I said. Nate invited us to go to a mall but I declined cause I’ve made a schedule with Athan and besides I want Bianca and Nate to have their own precious time together.

I saw Chuck’s expression when I said that. I guess that hurts his ego. Bianca turned him down, not even giving him a chance.

“Let’s go.” Athan said and then looked at Chuck “See you dude! ”

“Sure, Have fun!” Chuck said like there was a hidden meaning on the word fun.

Athan drove our way to his place and while we’re on the road, his car is full of silence. I can’t think of anything to say to him so I decided to just shut my mouth up. It’s a good thing Rebecca can’t be with us today cause of some squad practice. I was relieved when I learned that she’s not coming.

“Tiara.” I heard a gentle voice as I opened my eyes slowly, I remembered that I was in Athan’s car.

“Wake up sleepyhead.”

I couldn’t remember how I fell asleep. We only had a 30 minute trip yet I felt like I’ve slept more than an hour.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep. Is this your house?” I asked

Viewing their house, I could tell that Athan is wealthy. The house was not that huge but it looks astonishing. This guy is rich. I didn’t have any idea about that.  How could I? I didn’t even know him then.

As we walk in, the house theme is white, black and red. It was a house that anyone would’ve dreamed of. The house didn’t have a second floor but it great. It has a backyard and I bet there’s a pool in there even if I can’t see.

“Where are your parents?” I asked out of nowhere

“I don’t live with them anymore.” he said

Wow, so this is his house? He’s the only one who lives in here?

Athan offered me a drink and some snack. I was about to sit at the living room but he said that we have to go inside his room for his desktop is there.

“Don’t you have a laptop?” I asked, I don’t want to go inside his room I feel like invading his privacy.

“My friend borrowed it, so we have to use the desktop. Why? Never been to guy’s room before?” he asked teasingly, why does he always do this whenever it’s just the two of us. He can’t even speak when his friends are around, weird.

I just ignored his question and followed him in his room. We went in and his room is nice. There’s a king sized bed at the center and there’s a door that I think leads to the bathroom.  His room is neat and is mostly filled with black and red stuffs. I bet his favorite color is red.

While we wait for his computer to open he suddenly asked me “What’s with the new look?”

“Why do I look awful?” I asked but I already know the answer. I don’t look awful, I just want to hear it from him.