Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

                                Lily had cried all night when they all got up to their dorm after the “incident” but after that she had swore to never speak to Snape again. A thing James Potter found quite nice. Arianna was still a bit upset about him and Sirius though.

                                “If the two of you hadn’t done that… things wouldn’t have gotten messy…” she said one afternoon as the five of them sat under the beech tree by the lake. The O.W.L.s would be over in a few days and so would be Fifth Year.

                                “We weren’t the one who called her the M word.” James argued as he played with the Snitch he nicked, letting it go and then grabbing it again before it flew away. “We would never do that. Snivellus got what he deserved; I personally want to prank him even more actually.”

                                                Arianna rolled her eyes

                                “Number three.” Sirius said in a bored tone, he was lying down on Arianna’s lap who was reading as she gave the two Marauders a sermon. “Anyways, I agree with Prongs.”

                                “Still.” She said as she turned the page of her book “You guys –“

                                “ –Shouldn’t have done that.” James and Sirius finished for her in unison “We know.” Sirius said, Arianna decided to just drop it and continue reading.  They were all silent for a few moments, there was nothing but the sound of James playing with the Snitch, Remus and Arianna turning pages, Peter’s excited squeaks as he watched James play and the lake’s waves.

                                “So what are your plans this summer?” James asked, trying to make conversation. Sirius yawned as Arianna ran her hand through his hair as she read.

                                “Dunno, get disowned or something.” He said, sounding a bit sleepy. Remus rolled his eyes.

                                “I think he meant something that actually makes sense Padfoot.” He said, Sirius waved a hand dismissively

                                “That makes complete sense.” Said Sirius, Remus just ignored him and like Arianna; dropped the subject; Sirius sighed “But on a serious note, I think I’d like to help Andromeda…. It won’t take long before she you know…. Gives birth and well I’d like to visit her at times.”

                                “How is she able to hide it by the way?” asked Peter “Her bump I mean?”

                                                Sirius shrugged

                                “Concealment charms I guess,” he said “Uncle Marius suggested it, before they found out who was the father of course….”

                                “Well, it’s working pretty well.” Said James “I didn’t notice a single change to be honest, I wouldn’t have known if you never told us.” Remus nodded in agreement

                                “I know,” said Sirius “Polaris still feels quite sad for her and all. I on the other hand still haven’t changed my opinion. I find Andromeda lucky. I actually envy her freedom. I’ve been trapped for fourteen years, and they said I would be the first to get surely disowned.”