Nine

Hades
| nine | hades is thirteen years old.

For the next week, Hades spent most of his days locked inside the same room that he'd woken in. Khan made sure to visit him everyday, and although Hades was grateful for the company, by the time that Khan left him again, the young wolf was often confused. 

He missed his home, but after citing this to Khan, the Alpha was quick to remind him that his parents wouldn't want him home after his mistake, Hades reluctantly agreeing. 

On the seventh day of being trapped inside the bedroom, Hades woke with the familiar feeling of being winded, panic causing him to jolt from the bed, toppling over the edge of the mattress and crashing to the ground. He didn't get a chance to sit up before he felt the burning sensation that danced across his skin, his chest rising and falling heavily. 

A whimper fell from his lips, and even though he was vaguely aware of what was happening, his mind didn't process it until the first bone broke in his leg. A shrill scream erupted from his lips and he pressed his slender fingers against his knee, attempting to pop the bone back inside its socket. 

But his body moved at his own accord and Hades didn't have a choice. 

His skin was on fire, his bones slowly starting to break, and he couldn't focus on what hurt more, his tiny body trembling. Faintly, he heard footsteps, and the sound of the bedroom door being flung open, but the sound caused him to slap his hands over his ears, a weak cry spilling from his mouth. 

He felt hands on his bare shoulders and suddenly, his body lurched forward, a throaty growl ripping its way from his body. Khan stared down at the wolf below him, shooting his Beta, Aslar, a worried glance. Hades eyes squeezed shut and he shrieked, his body violently shaking on the ground. 

"Hold him down," Khan ordered. 

Aslar shot his Alpha a sceptical look; he knew that as painful as it was, it was a crazy idea to interfere with a wolf's shift. Especially one as young as Hades. 

"Do it," Khan told him, the Beta reluctantly doing as he was told and grabbing a hold of Hades' bare legs. At this, the young wolf screamed, the terrifying noise worrying even the Alpha who fought to keep him still. "Calm down," He attempted to order Hades, until he remembered that he couldn't use his Order on him until the young wolf was officially a part of the pack. 

And he was quick to realise this when Hades snarled in his face, his electric eyes widened with what Khan mistook as fear. A ferocious howl erupted from the wolf and Aslar gawked at him, realising that he was trying to call for his own pack. Khan scrambled to slap a hand over his mouth, muffling the sound, but Hades retaliated, his teeth clamping down on Khan's fingers. 

"Shit!" The Alpha cursed, yanking his hand free from Hades' jaw. But the damage had been done, the skin torn and bleeding. It took a few moments to heal, but as soon as the skin had stitched itself back together, Khan lunged, his hands pressing down on Hades' shoulders. He pinned the young wolf to the ground, and despite not wanting to, Aslar held Hades by the legs, wincing when another scream filled the room. 

"Where'd you find him?" Aslar asked, struggling to keep Hades as still as possible, despite the fact that his bones were breaking over and over again. 

Khan didn't answer, shocked when suddenly, Hades stilled. 

The room was silent, and the young boy panted heavily, his body falling limp. Aslar was the first to remove his hands and stand up, clearing his throat as he watched Hades' eyes roll shut. Once he realised that it was safe to move, Khan mimicked his Beta's movements, his jaw clenched. "Seriously," Aslar whispered, afraid of triggering the young wolf. "Where'd he come from?"