9. Never Going Back Again

October 14th, 2017.

Time flies by in London.

I really don't feel like I've been here for a month. It feels like the plane landed just yesterday!

But I love the city. The cloudy weather is a bummer, but I've come to love the unexpected rain.

"We're going to Sainsbury's" Vic says, knocking and putting her head round my bedroom's door, "Do you need anything?"

"Hm... Those butter biscuits we had for dinner the other day" I grin, "They were amazing"

Vic rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Fine, see you in 5"

"Bye, Dan!" Natalie sings from out the room.

"Bye!" I sing back, and turn to my laptop again, sighing at the screen.

I've come to love my roommates too.

Natalie is quite shy but she's amazing. She's funny, super intelligent and, not to be sexist, but her cooking is from another world. She doesn't always cook, ok? I do my cooking as well. But hers is unbelievable. And since she's Indian, they're usually Indian dishes which makes them twenty times cooler.

As for Victoria, well, what can I say? We're closer than we've ever been since the day we broke up. We've gone out a couple of weekends, usually with Niall, Natalie and one of Niall's band members, to visit some London landmarks. Her relationship with Niall... well, the guy isn't here as often as I thought he would be. When they're together, it hurts me a bit. I've gotten used to it, but still. I think when your ex is with someone new, you can't help but compare yourself to the new boo. I don't know. I've tried, but I just can't really like Niall.

"Hello?"

Speak of the devil.

"Dan?" a knock on my door, makes me turn around again.

"Hi Niall" I greet him as he opens the bedroom door and smiles at me; "Vic is out with Natalie to buy some things. They'll be back in 5"

"Yeah, I know, she's texted me" Niall smiles, "I actually... wanted to talk to you"

"To me?" I can't help a face.

"Yep" Niall answers popping the p; "Can I come in?"

"Huh... sure" I shrug my shoulders and stand up.

Niall opens the door wide and enters dragging something behind him.

What the...

"What is that?" I ask, staring at the big speaker he's placing by my desk.

Niall walks out and walks back in with a single cut guitar case.

"You play guitar, right?" Niall asks leaving the case on my bed.

"Yeah...."

"Acoustic, or...?"

"No" I answer, "Mostly electric. How did you know?"

"Vic told me about it" Niall answers shrugging his shoulders.

He opens the guitar case and I can't help a gasp.

It's a Gibson Les Paul.

No, it's a 50th Anniversary 1959 Gibson Les Paul.

That shit is $8,500.