Chapter 7 : Hold On ... We're Going Home

In London

My eyes darted around the room in panic as she drew closer to me.

This was it.

She knew.

The room slowly spiralled out of focus and I was consumed by darkness.

Voices called out to me from a distance and I felt cold droplets land on my face as I slowly opened my eyes, hoping to awaken back in the comforts of my own home.

Or not.

Four now familiar faces stared down at me, concern etched on their faces.

Are you alright lad?

Try to sit up slowly ---“

No, don’t what if he gets a concussion”

“I don’t think he hit his head hard enough to get one of those mate”

The conversation went back and forth as I lay there, eyes darting from one person to the next.

I noticed Perrie wasn’t here, I wondered where she was. I mean if I was her one true love or whatever couples call themselves, shouldn’t she be here, all up in my grill nursing me or something?

Wow pretty lights.

Maybe I do have a concussion.

Is it normal to talk to yourself this much?

Hmm

Bazinga

Zayn?” Niall said looking me straight in the eye balls.

Eye balls. I thought with a dopey grin. I have balls.

And then it began.

Slowly, building up from my stomach right up into my throat and I burst into laughter. And let me tell you, it wasn’t pretty. I shot up into a sitting position and laughed until the sides of my stomach hurt like someone had stuck a knife in there and was continuously twisting it.

The four boys sat back, quietly observing the spectacle I was making and then they started laughing too.

First Louis, then Niall, then Harry and then Liam, looking slightly worried but then caught the laughing bug too.

So the five of us sat there laughing and then we spent what felt like an hour lying on the floor, revelling in the coldness of the kitchen tiles.

So vas happenin?” I asked, feeling quite proud of myself for remembering his “line”.

“Well, after you fainted, we blamed it on the stress and asked Perrie to leave, saying we’d take care of you and that you’d call her later,” Liam explained.

“She doesn’t suspect anything?” I responded in a worried tone.

“Nope, we blamed it on the stress and you hadn’t eaten, so I think we’re safe.” Louis replied, ruffling my hair.

“So, what now?” I enquired, staring once again at the ceiling.

“To be quite honest, I have no idea but first things first, you need to start learning the lyrics for the song we’re performing on Saturday – we’ve only got two days to make you Zayn Malik,” Liam said, all business-like.

“And we need to call your home in America and see how the real Zayn is faring,” Harry piped.

In America