School of Paranormals

Hi. I'm Skyla Onyx Smith. Pronounced (SKY-la). Hard enough for you? Well, I found out the weirdest thing last week. My parents were paranormals! Now I am being shipped off to boarding school, so I can learn my "talents." Let me tell you a little about myself.

I am thirteen years old.("The age of maturity and power" says my step mom.) I have dark brown hair and eyes as blue as fire. Its weird though. You know when people say their eyes change color? Well mine really do, depending on my mood of course. My eyes started changing color about a week ago on my thirteenth birthday. I was adopted by Jeanne and Martin Smith.

Jeanne(step mom) has blond hair that goes down to her waist and green eyes. Martin has black hair, hazel eyes, and tannish skin.I found out weeks ago that my real parents are out somewhere in Celestial. Celestial is the name of the planet for paranormals. Jeanne and Martin Smith were just my protectors. That explains why Martha Bewald never bullied me after my 2nd grade sleepover. I don't really know much about my parents. All i know is that their names were Suzie Valen and Frank Wakins. All they gave me was a note that said:

IN THE END, YOU'LL MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

Whatever that means. They also left me a necklace. It was a gold chain with smaller amythests leading up to a huge amethyst the size of a golf ball. It was worth a fortune. For me, it was worth anything.On the back it has SKYLA engraved. I would let no one touch it. Not even Jeanne and Martin.

In my family, if two paranormals have a child, the child must be one of the parents. Thats what happened a lot in my family. I don't know what my real last name is, but I just took my protectors' last name.

So here I am, in my room getting ready to leave to Mystic Boarding School.(GO SUPERNATURALS. See I have spirit) I am not excited about my new school. I packed up the rest of my things and put my parents' note at the top. It was the only thing I have from them. Aside the necklace of course. I would wear it no matter what. I said my goodbyes to everyone I knew and hopped on the transporter.

You heard me. Transporter. It's a big piece of floating magic that can take you anywhere. Its three feet in diameter so there is plenty of room. For only a few people. For mortals though, it only looks like a bike or a skateboard. To see the transporter or magic, you need to say aperire oculos te videre. If any paranormal says that then any mortal can see. But you can only say it three times. 

So back to the story............ I was on the transporter when I saw a flash of light and was instantly on Celestial(the planet.......remember?) I was on the steps of Mystic Boarding School. I checked my watch. 8:02. Oh no! I was supposed to be here by 8. I ran into the school almost made it into the office when I crashed into someone. A girl.

"Hey watch it! Have eyes? Out of my way loser." she said.

I ignored her and walked into the office. 

"Excuse me, I am looking for Headmistress Terriland?" I said to an old lady. Maybe the secretary.

"Through that hallway and to the left. Its the last door on your right." said the old woman.

"Thank you Miss?"

"Rachel. Miss Rachel" said Miss Rachel.

When I walked down the hallway, I saw the room where Miss Rachel pointed out. I knocked on the door.

"Enter." said a woman's voice.

When I walked in I saw a woman maybe in her late sixties. She had a leathery face and pale skin. Her graying hair was in a tight bun and she wore a tight scowl on her face.

"Are you Miss Smith?" she said with a raspy voice.

I gulped."Yes. Yes, I am Skyla."

"Ah, Miss Smith. You will adress me as Headmistress. Is that clear?"

"Yes Headmistress."

"Your late." said the headmistress with acid in her voice.