chapter two.

bloodlust.

●-●-●-●

Dean and Kiara never left the room. They only left to get something to eat that was something other than hospital food. Dean picked up hamburgers from a local restaurant, trying to get his mind off Sam. Kiara kept her phone by her in case Sam woke up when Dean was out. Only he never did.

Discarded burger wrappers were in the waste basket along with the drinks Dean had bought. The elder brother leaned against the windowsill, staring out down below. Kiara was unsure of what to do, so she paced around the hospital room, hands stuffed into her jacket pockets.

Amidst the silence other than the heart monitor, the door opened. Dean stood while Kiara stopped her pacing to look at the woman. Maybe she was an angel. . . .

"Hi. I'm just gonna break the ice. Are you an angel?" Dean asked upfront, causing Kiara to give him a glare.

"Sometimes I wish I were. My name is Kim Schortz, and I'm a grief counsellor here at the hospital," she properly introduced herself to Dean and Kiara.

"Right. Yeah. Uh. . . Sorry. I'm just tired. We both are. Well, all due respect, but, uh, I'm not grieving – not yet at least, so –" Dean rambled, not wanting to think about what she meant.

"I'm afraid, as hard as this may be, this might be a good time to talk. . . about the inevitable.," she said softly, her eyes flickering between the two.

"Look, I'm sure you're a nice person and that you mean well, but "inevitable" – that's a fightin' word where I come from. There's always a way," Dean went on, not wishing to think about whatever inevitable Kim meant.

"And I am a prayerful woman who believes in miracles as much as the next, but I also know how to read an EEG. And unless you're telling me you have a direct line to those angels that you were looking for –" Kim scoffed, not knowing that they actually did have a direct line to the angels, but it appeared to be broken.

"Yeah, no, I, uh... Guess I don't. But we might have something better. We got the King of Hell in our trunk," Dean referenced Crowley, who Kiara had forgotten about completely. Dean left the room, taking Kiara with him, leaving Kim confused on what the hell Dean had meant.

They made it to the parked impala where Dean banged on the impala trunk. "Crowley, listen up, you son of a bitch. One for yes, two for no. You alive?" He asked the King of Hell only to receive no response.

"Don't be a pouter, Crowley," Kiara scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Crowley, inside the trunk, gave one knock.

"There we go," sighed Dean.

Both Dean and Kiara were grabbed by the back of the neck, forcing them to turn around. They were treated by a man in a suit holding and angel blade to their throats. "You two prayed?" He asked, not moving the knife away from them.

"Yeah, for help," answered Dean.

"Yes. You'll be helping me," smirked the angel.

The man in the suit forced Dean and Kiara down onto the hood of the impala. The angel blade lay in the middle of them, easy for the fallen angel to grasp.

"If you lie to me, Dean Winchester, and you Kiara Risch, I will rip your throats out. Where is Castiel?" The angel demanded to the pair, but at the mention of their friend, they wasn't about to give him up. They didn't know where Cas landed himself anyway.

"Who's asking?" Dean asked.

"Try every angel who was ejected from their home," replied the angel.

"Oh. Oh, well, in that case, we have no clue," Dean told the angel like the smart as she really was.

The angel slammed Dean against the impala's trunk twice. He grabbed the angel knife, ready to kill Dean with it, but a man caught his arm from behind.

"Easy there, brother. This young man and woman has prayed for our assistance. Are we creatures of wrath or compassion? I would argue the latter," he spoke in a calm voice.

"Forgive me, brother. I don't recognize you," the angel that assaulted Dean remarked.

"Happy to make your re-acquaintance. After you disarm," he looked to the angel blade in his hand to the two that he had in his clutches.

The angel let go of Dean and held up his hands placatingly, then punched the newest man that arrived.

"Come, now. Is that any way to treat a brother injured in the fall?" He asked, then both the two angels proceeded to fight. The angel knife fell to the ground. The angel flung the man into a vehicle, breaking the window glass. Kiara saw a chance to grab the knife off the ground. She snuck up behind the man, plunge the angel blade into his back, covering her eyes as he died in a flash of blinding white light.

"Who are you?" Dean asked, not getting to close to the mysterious man.

"Never mind me. You're Dean Winchester, and you are Kiara Risch I heard your prayers, and I am here to help," he informed, leaning against the impala, blood smeared across his face from the fight.

The man proceeded to fall unconscious, sliding to the asphalt.

"Okay," swallowed Dean, looking to the fallen man.