Chapter 13 ~ Beginnings

"Have a good year!" Remus called from the platform. I waved goodbye as the train began to pick up speed. Once the platform was out of sight, I pulled my head in and went searching for Fred and George.

"It wouldn't work because he doesn't use shampoo, Fred".

"Who doesn't use shampoo?" I butted in.

"Maia!" They chimed as I walked into the compartment.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I waved my wand and my suitcase was lifted onto the rack.

"Old Snapey. We thought we could put some colourful hair dye into his shampoo but then realised it wouldn't work".

"His greasy hair sickens me". I screwed my nose up in disgust. "What other pranks do you have in mind?"

So for most of the train trip we discussed ideas for pranks. Many involved Filch and Snape.

"I'm ready for about a years worth of detention". I said.

They laughed, "Don't worry, you'll get used to it".

~~~~~~

"The Tri Wizard Tournament will be held this year at Hogwarts. Those 17 and older can enter".

I groaned as Dumbledore announced this, "It means no Quidditch!"

Fred and George booed.

"The competing schools are...Beauxbaton!"

The door burst in and a bunch of girls in a blue uniform did a little girly dance up to the teacher's table. I slapped George and Fred as they both had their mouths wide open.

"Thank you ladies. And now please welcome DURMSTANG!"

The door burst open once more and a group of tough guys marched in. Whispers broke out through the hall,

"That's Victor Krum!"

I sat up straighter to get a better view. Indeed Krum, the champion Seeker, was following them.

Fred and George raised their eyebrows at me, I closed mouth, embarrassed.

~~~~

Dear Snuffles,

This year, Hogwarts is holding the Tri Wizard Tournament; Durmstrang and Beauxbaton are here.

It means there will be no Quidditch!

I have a bad feeling that something is going to go wrong this year, Pettigrew is on the loose and Karkaroff, the ex-Death Eater is at Hogwarts.

Mad Eye Moody is going to be teaching DADA this year, his eye is so cool!

What's happening? How have you settled in at the house? Do you think I could maybe visit you at Christmas?

Love,

Maia x

~~~

Dear Maia,

I know that you have to be 17 years old to enter the tournament, but I have heard of ways underage people can enter. Please promise me you will not enter. It is extremely dangerous!

As for Karkaroff, he says he's an ex-Death Eater, but I don't believe him. I say he's just hiding from Voldemort.

Moody should be fun.

Not much is happening, I've been getting rid of crap my mother hoarded, and I've been trying to take down her portrait but it looks like she's stuck it to the wall pretty well.

Of course you can come at Christmas, you just have to ask Remus.

Love,

Snuffles x

-

There wasn't much I could reply to so I just wrote back, 'I promise'.

-----------------------------

Sorry it is kinda short, I'm in a hurry.

Vote and comment please :)

Toodle pip! x