Chapter 10 ~Beginnings

"Jelly beans?" I guessed. The Gargoyle in front of me sprung to the side allowing me access. I walked up the spiral staircase and came upon a door. I knocked. After 3 months of visiting Sirius and contemplating whether I could trust the Headmaster, I finally came to the conclusion that Sirius needed to all around free and Dumbledore was our best hope.

"Come in Maia," Dumbledores voice sounded.

I pushed open the door, the wise, old headmaster sat behind his desk that held piles of parchments.

"Maia, what a delight! Why are you here?"

I walked over to his desk, "I believe my father, Sirius Black, is innocent". I stated.

He raised an eyebrow behind his half-moon spectacles, "And what makes you believe that".

I sighed realising that telling Dumbledore could have Sirius back in Azkaban in no time. "I...I...I don't know".

"You have met your father, haven't you Miss Black?"

I bit my lip and nodded.

"Tell me the whole story".

~~~

After explaining everything to Dumbledore, making sure no parts were left out, he finally nodded.

"I believe you".

I grinned, "So he'll be an innocent man in no time!"

Dumbledore's smile faded, "I'm afraid it may take a long time, you see the Ministry of Magic-"

"-Won't believe me because he's my father". I finished.

He nodded, "I'll do my best though".

"Thank you sir".

"I think you should keep this to yourself, but in the mean time try and find Peter Pettigrew and bring him to me".

I nodded and he dismissed me.

So now that I have Dumbledore on my side I just need to convince Ron to let me 'borrow' his rat.

~~~

"Why?"

"It's um...well...my squib friend...she wants to know what a magic rat looks like, it's silly really..." I suck at lying.

"He's a garden rat". Ron corrected.

"Oh well she won't know the difference". I laughed awkwardly.

Ron smiled, "Sure, he's probably asleep in my bed". I grimaced at the thought that Ron was unknowingly sleeping in the same bed as a murderer.

I followed Ron up to the boy's dormitories but ran into him as he stopped suddenly.

"Hermione!" He bellowed, "Your bloody cat is a monster!" He yelled down the stairs. I peeked around Ron and saw his bed sheets covered in blood and ginger cat hair.

Hermione appeared next to me, "Crookshanks would never kill him". She said stroking the orange cat/fluffball.

"Of course not. He's just so bloody innocent!" Ron shouted.

"Yes he is". Hermione retorted.

"I'm telling you, if my cat it dead...!"

"You're unbelievable Ronald!" Hermione fired back and stormed out of the room.

I frowned, "I'm sorry Ron".

"It's fine, well it's not, it's just not your fault". He sighed.

I gave him a comforting smile and left.

~~~

"He's not dead". Sirius stated.

"How do you know?"

"Because he's not stupid enough to let himself get eaten by a cat, and Crookshanks wouldn't do that".

"You know Crookshanks?"

"Yeah he's been giving me information about Scabbers this year and last".

"That was you?! I saw a large black dog one night with the cat". I realised.

He nodded.

"So how do we find Wormtail?" I asked.

"Give it a week. He'll be back. He needs Ron's protection".

I scrunched up my nose, "Ew, even Ron would be disgusted if he knew".

-----------

Quick filler chapter :D

Please vote and comment.

Thanks!

Toodle pip! xx