Chapter 2.

Chapter 2 - Love, Death, Birth

"Wow, you're stalking me, thanks." I said looking up and putting my head back down. I'm in no way interested in getting involved with this guy. He's trouble - I can feel it and trouble is something I need to stay out of in the next couple months. 

"Oh come on, Marley, what's wrong with me? You don't even know me." When he said that I can picture him making his award winning smile, his voice had a hint of a southern drawl. I started to wonder where he's from, he doesn't even look like a southern boy in his cool, exspensive attire.

"I don't want to know you." I said obviously, hoping that he'll get the hint. I really need to invest in headphones and learn how to put music on my phone, so people...he, would leave me alone. I made a mental note to buy Diddy Beats. I started thinking of how the time Al didn't hear a thing I said because he was testing out his new beats. I laughed on the inside.

"Marley, you do, you may not know it yet, but you do." He said to me, with a knowing voice..that hinted something bitter, that sort of set me off - not him being bitter, but how he think he knows me. How would you know if I wanted to know you, you're not me? I didn't reply to him because if I did, anger would slip through my voice. I can't flip out with class about to start. That'll give people something new to talk about. I am tired of people telling me what they know and assuming it's the truth. 

"Good morning class.." I brought my head off of the desk and focused on everything, but the guy next to me.

****

I managed to not bump into that guy at all for the rest of the day, thank the Lord. I went to my locker and grabbed my books for another night of homework. My pocket vibrated, I pulled out my phone and saw that it was a text from Al.

Don't be upset.

I paused at my locker and wondered at what I would have to be upset over. I shrugged and closed my locker which left a smiley, annoying face in my view. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Listen, Marley, let's start over?" He said sounding sincere it almost made me think about his offer. Almost. I don't have time for friendships, it always end badly, and I can't go through that again.

"No." I said turning around and walking away, of course he follows. I kept my face forward and he walks right next to me. 

"You really need to stop running away from me." He said with a little laugh and moves closer towards me, putting his arm around my shoulder. I jumped away and started to scold before someone interrupted.

"Oh, look, she finally has someone else to drag down with her."  I didn't even turn around to look at Carlie Summer, the biggest evil person in the world. Blonde hair, nice body, cheerleader, and people actually think she's different because she's not your traditional beauty queen with blue eyes. She has green eyes..so of course everyone think she's fantastic. You would even think she's the sweetest person in the world with that name, those looks, but if there's something sweet about Carlie Summer it's how she's the sweetest bitch in this school. 

"Oh, really, Carlie? Didn't catch for you playing the role of a queen." Adrian turned around. 

"Adrian, you shouldn't hang out with her. I'm doing you a favor." She said with a voice that showed obviousness, but also a bit of nervousness as well. That's it. I moved away from the group, as fast as I could, and headed straight for the doors. 

"Shit." I heard him say behind me, catching up to me, grabbing me by my arm, and stopping me in my tracks completely. I gave him a cold look.

"Listen, Adrian, is it?" I kept going, not giving him a chance to speak. "I would really not love to finish the conversations, so I am going now." I said pushing his hand off of me and walking out towards the double doors. I felt an uneasiness in my chest and my eyes started to well up. I am glad that Adrian didn't decide to follow me, because I don't think I'll be able to stop the tears. I walked out of the doors, the heat automatically hitting my cool skin. I looked up and saw Al, I took off running and gave him a hug in the parking lot. 

He hugged me back and didn't let go. I started crying into his shoulder. I wasn't making any noise, but I am sure he can feel the wetness leaking in his shirt. He rubbed my back in soothing circles that felt good. Right then I broke the hug because I felt guilt in my heart. I wiped my face and mustered a smile to give him.

"Hi." I said, knowing nothing else to say. I looked behind him and saw his yellow Camaro. I looked back up to him, silently asking him to explain with use of my facial expressions.

"This is your new car." He said breathlessly and leaned on it. 

****

"Marley, you're not working tonight, especially since I don't even know what's going on in that head of yours." I looked over at Al, giving him an annoyed look. He won't let me work tonight.

"I'm already here, what would it matter?" I said sitting down at the bar infront of him, while he was wiping down the bar.

"I don't want you up there and that's final, Marley!" Al said, slapping his hand down in frustration and giving me a helpless look. I kept quiet and averted my eyes to the floor. I don't want to deal with this right now. Maybe I should just go home and take a shower..not go to school for the next couple of days too. I need a break.

"Whatever, fine, if it makes you that upset, then I'll go." I got out of my seat and left while Al was calling my name. He can't chase me, because he can't leave the bar, which is good. I know I am being over dramatic today, I don't know what it is, but hopefully it'll go away tomorrow. I just feel out of my element. 

I went straight home, started my bubble bath, turned my phone off, and soaked into the tub. Not thinking about anything, just looking into the ceiling, thinking about what happened today. Carlie's words never hurt my feelings before..but why now? If it's because Adrian is there I would seriously torture myself in this bath tub by not giving me the chance to breathe. 

It can't be Adrian. I've danced almost completely naked infront of countless of guys and never cared about their opinion of my body. Why do I care about this one guys opinion of me..a guy that I don't even know at that?

~~

Sorry this is late. It's not my best, but next chapter something good is gonna happen. Whoot!