Chapter 3

Ashley's pov.

It's been a week and we have all been on edge about Drakes dad and his pack showing up except Scott he fears nothing. I wish I was more like him in a way. Drake hasn't tried calling me or anything I guess this means we are over but why would I want to be with someone who doesn't want to protect me? I do love Drake with all my heart but does he love me? I not sure anymore. We have been together a long time and this is what I get? It breaks my heart that he doesn't love me enough to stand up to his dad. I can say I didn't think I would ever say this actually but living here has been great. Maybe vampires arnt that bad. I was laying on my bed thinking. I should see what Scott is up to. I walk down the hall passing the grand clock and it reads 3:30 am. I wonder if he is awake. I walk to his door and slowly open it. The room is empty but I go in anyway. The door on the left opened and in walked Scott in only a towel. His hair and body still wet I had to hold my mouth shut to keep it from dropping.

"Like what you see?" He asked.

I shook my head and started playing belt on my robe. He walked slowly toward me. I couldn't look him in the eyes without melting. He softly pulled my chin up to look at him and when our eyes met I did indeed melt into his arms. He held me against him and I smelled his ever so fresh body and smiled. I was laid down on a soft surface and covered up. Though I also felt alone. I looked up to so Scott sitting in the chair in the corner fully clothed. I frowned and laid back down then. Then I felt a dip in the bed and rolled over to see glowing red eyes and I froze. He caresses me cheek down my neck to my robe. He looks at me slowly pulling down my robe to see if I was going to stop him but to my own surprise I didn't. I then kissed him slowly to see how he would react and kissed me back and down to my neck slowly. I felt his sharp teeth graze by neck making me shiver and then with that I began to kiss the air as my perfect moment faded I open my eyes and see Scott across the room looking at me as if I had hurt him.

"Why have you come?" He asks me.

"I....don't no" I said.

"You smell....." He said slowly.

"Take" I said pushing my hand to him.

"I can not" He says gazing at my hand.

"Why?" I asked sadly.

"I will kill you" He said now looking at me.

"Why am I so attracted to you" I asked.

"I think your very upset with everything going on with Drake and his father and you need a day or two to get away" He said softly.

"I love you" I spat out by surprise.

"No. You don't." He said.

Well that hurt. I covered my mouth and started to crying as I ran out of the door. Only to have to Madison and Josh stop me.

"You need to go to a safe spot on the bottom level they are here" She said in a shaky voice.

Immediately Scott was by my side and Josh nodded to him and we began to speed walk down the stairs passing the bay windows with the light shinning from the outside. I took one look and was sick. There were bodies everywhere and no one was alive but Drakes dad and his pack. His eyes met with mine and he smiled.

"You have been given enough time to come home and marry my son and now there are consequences" He yelled to me.

I looked back at his pack and hand his hand up tell them to come foreword. From the back of the crowd two men pull forward Drake and began to beat him. I let out a cry and began to run outside and when I did I was infront of the with Scott by my side.

"Come back with us now or he will get no choice in what I'm about to do" He says to me.

"She's not going anywhere with you" Scott says.

"She will if she wants him to live" He says.

I looked down at bloody Drake and began to cry harder. I fell to my knees infront of him and began to rub his back.

"Please baby come back home" He begged.

I looked up at Scott and by now Madison and Josh were outside by Scotts side waiting to attack.

"Ok" I said rubbing his face with my hand.

"Your not going anywhere with them" Someone said and when I turned around to look it was my mother and father looking down at me.

"Let the boy up" My dad, Ash said.

"Take my daughter inside" My mom, Lexie said looking at Scott.

Josh started to walk towards me and scooted next to Drake. I held Drakes hand not letting go till Scott broke us free and I screamed to Drake as he laid on the ground, our eyes not braking.

"I will not let you take her" Drakes dad said speeding towards Scott and I.

Scoot dropped me to the ground when he was knocked to the ground. I let out a cry looking down at my bloody arm. My eyes snapped to Scott. His lip slightly twitched and I slowly back away. At once everyone was fighting each other. Scott moving slowly towards me with eyes so red they could light up the sky. He took me roughly by my elbow and wrist with his hands. He moved his teeth down towards my arm. I was hoping and praying I would heal so he would snap out of it and he did when we both heard a cry of pain. It was Drakes dad ripping into Drakes wrist with his wolf teeth. I cried to him as he screamed. I pushed Scott away and ran to Drake. He was thrashing on the ground and his eyes lit up yellow.

"Get her out of here!" Drake tried to say to Scott.

Scott didn't waste any time. He grabbed me by the waist as I kicked and screamed for him to let me go. The last thing I saw was Drakes dad smiling at me evilly.