Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

MASON

            The Headmistress's office was spacious. The walls were all bookcases and were shelved with many different things. There were books, old and new, figurines and a bunch of other things. In the center of the room was her desk, but she was standing with her back to me and Jesse as we walked in. He arms were moving and there was music playing. It was a violin.

            The Headmistress spun around, dancing in her office until she finally took notice of us and stopped. The music stopped playing as well.

            Looking at her, I could tell that she was a beautiful woman. She sat in her seat behind the desk and motioned for us to take a seat. We did.

            "The reason I summoned you here is because you two are causing a level of trouble that I haven't seen here in a long time. The last time a bonded pair had powers like yours was me and my husband, so I know how you two are feeling right now. When I was a student here, like you two are, I was sent away because my powers were out of control and my parents couldn't deal with it. It wasn't that they were bad parents and didn't care enough to try. It was that they just weren't able to figure out how to teach me in the craft. I needed help from professors who knew how to help me in the way that I needed.

            "I understand that you two are adjusting to how everything goes around here, but even though I am sympathetic, you both need to be given a punishment. The other professors and I agree that we are going to give you both detention together for three weeks, every day after school, and we are going to give you the training that you both need to have to master your powers.

            "Even now, sitting here behind this desk, I can feel the energy that you two are radiating. It's like a breath of fresh air to feel another bonded pair close to me, but it needs to be hidden before the entire school catches wind of how powerful you both really are together.

            "There are powerful forces at work here. The students here are more powerful than other witches realize, because the witches here are those who are learning control of their powers from becoming destructive. They are here to learn exactly how to better themselves and their fellow witches, but there have been those who have decided to use their abilities for darkness. Beware of those students.

            The air in her office became ominous and mysterious. I was worried about what she said and what she was warning us about and I realized that I needed to get prepared and become focused on learning how to use my abilities.

            I turned to Jesse and told myself that we were going to work hard to do what we have to do to control our powers and get a handle on things before they get out of hand.