I ~ A Different Winter

It was winter.

      My hair was black.

     And I was surrounded by snow.

       The minute my eyes fluttered awake, I felt a cold chill run down my spine. It was as if my back was sensitive whereas the rest of my body was numb.

        I could tell by that feeling that it was winter.

        But once I opened my eyes, and saw where I was, I knew that this would never be the same winter I'd come across.

         I lifted myself off from the white, sheet of cold, icy snow and looked around me. I was out of my rabbit form, yes, and left nude in the snow.

       I looked to see the tall trees in which were sowed into the Godwich Forest, but to my surprise, there were none.

       I looked around me, breathing, seeing my breath in the cold night air, trying to figure out why I was sleeping in a sheet of snow, and under the dark, blue starry sky.

       What had made me change into my human form? I hadn't changed into my human form since fifteen years ago. Why now? Why had a changed into my seventeen-year old female body?

       And my hair. My hair was black. Another sign of winter.

       But as I stood there, and looked around, all there was, was a plain -  a flat land of white snow which seemed to go on for miles, endlessly. Did the snow swallow my forest whole? Did the Truest decide that my duty was a failure and that it should end?

      Lopsy? Tomsy? Where were my little companions? The only things that stayed by my side no matter what? My little squirrels? Where were my furry friends? Were they too... swallowed up by this endless snow?

       And when I looked beyond the horizon, as the sun began to elegantly rise into the dark, blue sky, I knew, that this would be a very much different winter.