Chapter 1

Harry and Ron were pacing the common room, thinking of who to take to the Yule Ball.

"ok I've got it. You take Hermione and I'll take....Ginny....!" Said Harry cautiously.

"yes that's genius!" Ron exclaimed.

Just then lavender, hermione and Ginny entered the common room.

Harry approached Ginny:

"hey Ginny. Er, I was wondering, do u wanna go to the ball with me?"

"Yes thank you Harry. I think Neville was going to ask me but i'm glad you got there first!" Ginny said happily.

Seeing the opportunity, Ron approached hermione and asked:

"will you go to the er ball er with er me?" He stuttered out.

"well i'm sort of leaving viktor krum waiting.."

"hey Ron you could go with me?" Lavender battered her eyelashes at Ron.

"Actually I think I'll tell viktor no." Hermione said quickly.

"Is that THE Viktor Krum?! You can't say no to him! You can go with him and I'll go with my won-ron!"

"NO! you can go with viktor I'll go with Ron!" Hermione screeched.

"excuse me!" Lavender screeched back.

"Well Ron didn't ask you he asked ME! So Ron thank you I'll accept your offer. Goodnight." And with that she stormed off to the girls dorm.

"But won-ron...!"

"oh will you shut up lavender! You're really getting on my nerves!" Ron shouted.

"Oohh. Someone just got rejected. haha!" Harry said when lavender and Ginny were out of earshot.

"Yes. Bingo! Both of us have got dates!" Said a surprised Ron.

"And that is how it is done!"