chapter 1: Timeless

Hello!! Here's a new story. I think the title describe well the story. If you can write a comment to tell me what you think about this beginning and/or what do you think is going to happen. It will makes my day. Thank you!

♂+♂=♥

It was the end of August; in a few days it would be the end of the holidays. Again. I didn't even know why I was studying so hard, I didn't have time. But I wish I had. My thoughts were interrupted by my mother, Joanie, as she entered my room, a small smile on her lips.

"Hey, Michael. How are you today? Do you need anything?" My mother, a large woman in her forties with mid-long; wavy black hair and green eyes, asked me in a soft, voice.

"No thanks. Can I talk to you a minute please? It's really important." I asked her with an innocent smile. She nodded and sat next to me on my bed, carefully as if I was something delicate and she was afraid to break me.

"I don't want to study at home anymore. It's boring and I want to have friends. I want to go to a public school. Please?" I stared at her with a puppy face.

She looked at me with sad eyes before answering. "You know you can't sweetie. Why do you want to go to a public school? Aren't you happy here? Aren't you happy with your father and myslef? You have a great teacher and we are buying you everything you want! I would also like to remind you that I am your friend!" She said, staring at me right in the eyes.

"Mom, please! I've never been in a public school! I want to know how it is like to have friends, at least once in my life. Please! Can't you understand that? You can't be a real friend even if we are close; there are some things I would only say to a friend... Not a mother." I said in a soft voice, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"If that's what you want... But you have to speak with your father first! If he's okay with it; we will see what we can do. But, please, I don't want you to be too close with other teenagers. You know you will not be able to stay in this school forever, and you will only get hurt in the end. I'll call the nearest high school of London, if you father agrees with this idea." She told me with a small smile which didn't reach her eyes before getting up, leaving my room.

I decided to pass time by going on my laptop and I went on Facebook. I didn't even know why I had a Facebook account, because I currently didn't have any friends. If someone saw my profile they would think I was a loser, I probably was the only person who had an account with no friends. But I didn't care, not really. My Facebook was a bit like my diary. I wrote all my thoughts on it and nobody could read it except me.

After twenty minutes, I sighed before closing it. I hated summer. Summers were supposed to be fun, going on holidays, going out with friends but no. My parents didn't want to travel because of me. I would love to. There were so many things to see in the world. I would love to visit France, Korea, and Italy.... But, sadly, I didn't have time for it either.

I went in my bed; I needed to take a nap. I was so tired; I couldn't keep my eyes open. I closed my eyes and imagined how my first day in a public school could be. I fell asleep really fast with a small smile on my lips. Everything would be so great.

When I woke up, the sun was shining in the sky. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. It was already 11.30 a.m. which meant I slept for about 15 hours! I slowly and carefully got out of my bed. My head was hurting: it was hurting all the time. Even pills had no effect on it. I groaned and went in the bathroom. I opened the warm shower and let the water fall on me, relaxing my muscles and finishing waking me up. Once I was done, I put a white, fluffy towel around my waist.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I hated the way I looked. I was really pale, as if I was sick. I hated this. I didn't really like my eyes neither. I had big, brown, chocolate eyes. Personally, I thought it was boring. I wish I had blue or green eyes. The only thing I liked was my hair. I had beautiful, mid-long brown, curly hair. It was the part of my body that I liked the most. I would never cut it for anything. If someone wanted to cut it, he would have to kill me before. Also, I was really skinny, I hated this. I was so skinny that I could see every rib I had. But it wasn't what you think it was. I didn't starve myself, not at all. I ate a lot actually. I just couldn't put on weight. I sighed and walked in front of my wardrobe. I took out a dark blue pair of jeans and a black T-shirt.

Once I was fully dressed, I went downstairs. My father was reading the journal, sitting on the dark red sofa while my mother was cooking. It smelled really good. Today's meal was pasta with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. Yum.

"Hey honey. How do you feel? How is your head?" My mother asked me, looking at me quickly with a smile before returning to her cooking.

"Mmh, I'm okay, I guess. It could be worse. I'm hungry." My stomach decided to growl at this precise moment, which made my father, Michael, laugh. I guess you remarked that I had the same name as my father. That was why my full name was Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior. But everybody called me Michael.

"Don't worry; it will be ready in a few minutes." My mother said with a smile, trying not to laugh at my reaction.

When it was ready, we began to eat. It was delicious! "So, your mother told me you want to go to a public school tomorrow... Is it true?" My father asked a strange glint in his eyes.

"Yes. That's what I want. I know it won't be easy because I will have to wake up early. I know I'll have tons of homework, and I'll be tired, more than I am now. But that's what I want." I answered, looking at him right in the eyes. I knew he could see how determined I was. I knew it.

"Well... We can try... If it doesn't work, you will go back to studying at home." He told me with a fake smile.

He tried to be happy but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He was worried about me. I know I could try to stop everything, then our life may be normal but I just didn't see the point in it. I didn't want to waste my time.

I didn't have time.